The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Calling all wiring peeps?? Matt H???

veilsideTT

Hi all,

Im fed up with my Defi oil pressure gauge beeping at me when I sit listening to my stereo with the engine not running.

What I need to do is find a wire that has 12v going through it "ONLY" when the engine is running so that I can connect the IGN wire of the Defi control unit to. Then it will turn my gauges off as soon as I shut the engine off.

Ignition position wires are no use to me as my Clifford alarm leaves everything switched on (Heaters, Radio Etc Etc) after turning the engine off.

I thought about the fuel pump wiring but im not sure that’s a safe route to be taking.

Are there any other wires around the centre console area that I could use as that’s where my control unit is situated?

Cheers

Scott

Hi Matt.

Should this not happen then?

The guy who installed the system says that its some "Accessory Delay" thing or something.

When i shut down it leaves all the Accessories on until I open the door (or if i sit there for about 10mins). I asked him to stop it doing this as its quite annoying but he said if he cuts the wire my intelli start wont work properly as all the Accessories wont come on as the wire is cut.

So no pre cooled supra on a hot day if i did that :eek:

will connecting to the ignition side of the immobiliser point work then even though my Clifford does this "Accessory Crap" when i turn off the engine?.

Scott

Sorry mate, been a bit busy at work...

In fairness, your alarm fitter isn't completely wrong. But you can wire it up so that the accessory line isn't held on. I hate that feature! :innocent:

Aside from that, yes, if you wire tha gauges to the key side of the ignition, they'll go off when the key is turned off.

If you drop the lower dash panel, you should be able to see the rear of the ignition barrel harness. It's got 6,(I think), fairly heavy cables coming from it.

I can't remember what colour wire you need off hand, but I'll have a look when I get to work, and let you know. - Guessing Black/Yellow...

You can tap off this line in the passenger footwell as well if that makes the wiring easier. Connector II1, pin 13. It's downstream of the IGN fuse as well so if anything shorts out it will safely blow that fuse.

-Ian

I will go for the Barrel side i think now as thats where i have routed all the wires for the gauges.

Is there a constant feed wire over that side where i can tap in for the defi controller wire that has to have 12v going to it all the time so it keeps its memory?

Cheers for all your help Matt/Ian

Scott