The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would you fit this to your Supra ?????

mplavery

Hey People

One of our XKR trade ins is having a once over before it goes down to the showroom and they have found a Laser jammer on the car which has to come off. They having taken it off and given it to me saying i should put it on my Supra (if it ever comes out of the body shop)

Im in two minds putting it on

My understanding of the kit is that you turn it on when you get in the car, when you get Lazed by the police, the alarm goes off in which you stamp on the brakes then the unit turns it self of so the police can get a reading after 5 sec, I would of thought if they got a funny reading they would just tell the squad car half mile up the road to pull you over anyways lol

Don't get me wrong i don't speed round all the time BUT it might just save me getting points one day

here is a link

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/le30.htm

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

The laser will bring up ERR or somthing on their device, giving you away and when they get you, they will bust you on perverting the course of justice or whatever

IE, Bend over, Pull apart, Accept insertion

Their second reading will be taken in a matter of mili seconds, you will not slow down enough in that time

Don't bother with it

I wouldn't (because I don't have a Supra :D ).

No seriously, I know we've all done it etc. but we know it's illegal (whether we agree or not) and we know we're taking a risk doing it - if you get caught you have to accept it and move on, don't try to sneak your way around it though.

The laser will bring up ERR or somthing on their device, giving you away and when they get you, they will bust you on perverting the course of justice or whatever

IE, Bend over, Pull apart, Accept insertion

Their second reading will be taken in a matter of mili seconds, you will not slow down enough in that time

Don't bother with it

Thats what im thinking, if there getting a false reading there going to come down harder on me when they pull me over

I used to have a bike painted in anti-radar paint :) similar thing happened to me. I got zapped coming down a hill (doing the speed limit, although it sounded like I was speeding, lol), and the copper pulled me over, told me he couldn't get a reading off me and gave me a warning. Proved the IRR paint worked though ;)

I used to have a bike painted in anti-radar paint :) similar thing happened to me. I got zapped coming down a hill (doing the speed limit, although it sounded like I was speeding, lol), and the copper pulled me over, told me he couldn't get a reading off me and gave me a warning. Proved the IRR paint worked though ;)

lol did not know about paint being zapped proof lol

Well you can use these jammers legally if you can have a valid excuse for having them:

Many of these laser jammers also serve the purpose as remote garage door openers if that makes sense. You would have to prove in court that, THAT ALONE, is the primary reason for you having one.

Obviously every incident is judged on a case by case basis so if you don't have a remote garage lock and even so, it appears to the court that you're using the instrument as a laser jammer you can be prosecuted for obstruction of justice etc.

Some units act as parking sensors. They are sold as parking sensors. The instruction manual tells you how to set them up as parking sensors, and brucie bonus, they work as parking sensors. They also work on the publically accessible wavelength that other things work on, so in order to continue to work past interference, they emit a powerful signal if they detect any.

The statement that they "get you in a couple of milliseconds" is wholly incorrect. The 'parking sensors' emit a strong signal for a configurable amount of time, say 8 seconds. In that time you could come to a complete stop, never mind reach the speed limit. During that time the speed gun will report a failure to lock. You turn the unit off when you are at the limit and then the gun gets a lock and reports the speed.

Now, here's the thing. In most cases all that will happen is the plod/civvie collaborator will pinpoint the next child-killing lunatic doing 4mph over the limit, while yawning and reaching for another doughnut saving lives on a daily basis. If it's a copper up a slip road with truly nothing better to do, he can hoon after you and pull you over. On suspicion of what I don't know as you were, as proven by his own apparatus, doing the speed limit. So OK he pulls you on suspicion of using a jammer, but look - it's turned off. And it's actually some parking sensors. That demonstrably work.

So unless you're a complete idiot and blurt out "Wow my jammer worked!", you are legally safe. No evidence against you.

It's not a licence to drive like a twat. But it is a way of keeping your licence when you were doing nothing wrong or unsafe apart from creeping over an arbitrary number set 50 years ago, while driving on a clear dual carriageway etc.

-Ian

All three or so examples given there are people blithely waltzing past cameras jamming the heck out of them. Slow down, let them get a reading, move on.

If they get a good reading within a few seconds, and you're legal, what can they do? It could have been mis-aimed, environmental issues, dirt on the lens, a pigeon flew in front, whatever.

Some units act as parking sensors. They are sold as parking sensors. The instruction manual tells you how to set them up as parking sensors, and brucie bonus, they work as parking sensors. They also work on the publically accessible wavelength that other things work on, so in order to continue to work past interference, they emit a powerful signal if they detect any.

The statement that they "get you in a couple of milliseconds" is wholly incorrect. The 'parking sensors' emit a strong signal for a configurable amount of time, say 8 seconds. In that time you could come to a complete stop, never mind reach the speed limit. During that time the speed gun will report a failure to lock. You turn the unit off when you are at the limit and then the gun gets a lock and reports the speed.

Now, here's the thing. In most cases all that will happen is the plod/civvie collaborator will pinpoint the next child-killing lunatic doing 4mph over the limit, while yawning and reaching for another doughnut saving lives on a daily basis. If it's a copper up a slip road with truly nothing better to do, he can hoon after you and pull you over. On suspicion of what I don't know as you were, as proven by his own apparatus, doing the speed limit. So OK he pulls you on suspicion of using a jammer, but look - it's turned off. And it's actually some parking sensors. That demonstrably work.

So unless you're a complete idiot and blurt out "Wow my jammer worked!", you are legally safe. No evidence against you.

It's not a licence to drive like a $#@!. But it is a way of keeping your licence when you were doing nothing wrong or unsafe apart from creeping over an arbitrary number set 50 years ago, while driving on a clear dual carriageway etc.

-Ian

That's interesting, them acting as parking sensors, In fact if it does act like parking sensors i would definitely put it on as parking the Supra in the garage with Do-Luck front bumper on is a pain in the ass LOL.

Thanks for all your comments and info people..

Please don't take this post the wrong way by the way, I was not putting it on so i can drive like a complete pri**. In fact i'm the opposite i drive like miss daisy as i like cruising in the Supra lol I do give it a blast now and then though :innocent:

Just asking your views, i mean i have been given this for free and just wondered what your thoughts were on having one. Would you put one if if you were given one as im in two minds in putting it on

ive got a propark lazer jammer fitted. the housing it sits has a shark cut into casing, if its real rrp £280

fitted corectly i.e flat and level they work, good bit of kit, and like ian said they act on same level as speed guns, BUT are classed as a parking aid so if its free fit it i would and have