The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drift day on weston airfield

dcarrter21

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone planning on going to this one?

Dunno what the weather is going to be like, sounds like it is a few youths in the car park.

But surely its a proper staged and arranged event isn't it.

This Saturday 20th March Weston Super mare.

The guys organising it have been working hard and there every weekend for the past month or two.

I will be heading over there at some point but if it gets too cold im sure people can come back to mine and warm up as im only over the road

The guys organising it have been working hard and there every weekend for the past month or two.

I will be heading over there at some point but if it gets too cold im sure people can come back to mine and warm up as im only over the road

That sounds good nothing worse than standing out in the cold is there, but as far as your aware its a organised event then.

What do you think the turn out will be just locals or?

im heading up with a few mates

driftworks is prob one of the biggest drift clubs in the uk so i expect it will be a good show! the weather this week does look bad tho :( i cant be bother if its raining!

Yeah, I second the rain issue. :(

I know it cost the organisers over £1k for rent so they are serious. They also want to make it a regular event.

The tickets to run your car sold out pretty quickly so it should be a good turn out.

Just beware when entering and leaving weston as there will be ALOT of unmarked bmw 5 series, skodas, jeeps etc lurking about to catch you out as these events like others do attract some idiots and they are pretty hot round here.

I know it cost the organisers over £1k for rent so they are serious. They also want to make it a regular event.

The tickets to run your car sold out pretty quickly so it should be a good turn out.

Just beware when entering and leaving weston as there will be ALOT of unmarked bmw 5 series, skodas, jeeps etc lurking about to catch you out as these events like others do attract some idiots and they are pretty hot round here.

Oh right, definately serious then.

I did just check the complete thread through only looked at the first couple pages before, 30 cars tuning out then.

Shame it doesn't declare what they actually are though.

Definately would have to be ultra careful then, saying that I have that written on my underpants so I should be okay. :D

used to be riddled with police back when they used to do the weston wheels car shows! wish they wud bring them back, were the biggest thing around these parts :(

Yeah, it will be good if it does take off, no idea why Weston Wheels doesn't happen any more, was it due to silly people attending?

You definately don't see anything much like this down this way, your right Lee for sure.

i dont really no why, think a lot of complaints mixed with idiots, vandals and runing the sea town image i recon

Qyuite a few people got killed in in accidents and run over and killed by chavs racing through weston when this was going on.

Plus all the above lee said.

Qyuite a few people got killed in in accidents and run over and killed by chavs racing through weston when this was going on.

Plus all the above lee said.

Cricky I can see why they wouldn't want the event there anymore.

Bloody Chav's.......