The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Might sell?

movistar

I have been thinking this for a while now as i never use it and my daily run-a-round is welll...lets say skin and rice pudding comes to mind.

I just think i could get a better daily car and have a cheaper toy, poss track car?

Still have an Audi A3 that the missus uses but i would like an estate for the dog Ect... maybe something diesel?

Still i suppose i could get an N/A Manual as a cheaper toy?

Just wish i didnt love the TT so much[sAD][/sAD]

your thoughts?

I don't use mine much either. It is a waste on paper, but when I drive it it reminds me of why I own it. :)

If you love the TT and don't fancy a specific other car and can afford to keep it, then I'd say keep it. I've just looked in your garage on here: a very nice supra you have there!

You could swap it for an NA, but I don't know what you'd gain from doing so, apart from a one-off payment of £3-4 ish when the swap occurs. They're no cheaper to insure, and not much cheaper to run, espcially if you don't do many miles (correct me if I'm wrong).

mine is just sat in the old mans drive , bit of a waste TBH

I thought you were the old man..Lol;)

Mine sits in the garage waiting for a dry sunny day. I must do about 2000 miles a year.

The wife wants a new car for when the baby comes so I will keep her old one so the supe will get used less but I won't sell it.

I think iam doing about 200 a year

[/OOPS]..its getting the weather that makes it worth driving imho, maybe i need to be less anal about keeping it clean?

I don't use mine much either. It is a waste on paper, but when I drive it it reminds me of why I own it. :)

If you love the TT and don't fancy a specific other car and can afford to keep it, then I'd say keep it. I've just looked in your garage on here: a very nice supra you have there!

You could swap it for an NA, but I don't know what you'd gain from doing so, apart from a one-off payment of £3-4 ish when the swap occurs. They're no cheaper to insure, and not much cheaper to run, espcially if you don't do many miles (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks for the comments Stevie, you could really eat your dinner off it:) I think your right too about the na thing...maybe i just need to have less holidays[OOPS]

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif
and save up for a better run-a-round.

I never get the whole, pack the car up for winter.

I have used all mine all year round, (ok more than 2 inchs of snow will put me off)

I dont think i could deal with using the work van all winter! I break mine out every weekend. I might not go far but i still get a kick out of taking it out.

I never get the whole, pack the car up for winter.

I have used all mine all year round, (ok more than 2 inchs of snow will put me off)

I dont think i could deal with using the work van all winter! I break mine out every weekend. I might not go far but i still get a kick out of taking it out.

I dont pack it up for the winter....I pack it up for the year:tongue:

;)

I have been thinking this for a while now as i never use it and my daily run-a-round is welll...lets say skin and rice pudding comes to mind.

I just think i could get a better daily car and have a cheaper toy, poss track car?

Still have an Audi A3 that the missus uses but i would like an estate for the dog Ect... maybe something diesel?

Still i suppose i could get an N/A Manual as a cheaper toy?

Just wish i didnt love the TT so much[sAD][/sAD]

your thoughts?

My bmw in pic for sale ;)

i have been thinking of doing the same for last year, think ive done less than a thousand miles in the last 18 months, my daily driver is very boring i have been thinking of getting a bit better daily driver and something different for the weekends/ sunny days maybe a two seater/convertible.

Packing the Supra away? Last Tuesday when it was pouring it like tehir is no tomorrow I was poddling along the A13 towards Southend at 70MPH... maybe sometimes a little quicker. Drove over 100 miles in that day including playing football at Beckham Academy & then booting it a bit to get to Blackwall Tunnel before it closes at 9pm! :D

Mine gets washed regularly & make sure it is cleaned underneath and your all good! :thumbs:

My bmw in pic for sale ;)

Thanks for the offer, but there not my bag...but good luck all the same:)

Didn't think I'd see a thread like this from you Adrian. Your TT looks great from your Garage pics, shame I never got to see it in Person.

Keep it and bring it along to some meets :) You'll know why you'll keep it once you're there.

Your probably right cliff...iam wishing the winter away and longing for some decent weather, insurance isn't due for renewal until June so iam just thinking out load at the mo.Will defo see you at one this year.:)

i have been thinking of doing the same for last year, think I've done less than a thousand miles in the last 18 months, my daily driver is very boring i have been thinking of getting a bit better daily driver and something different for the weekends/ sunny days maybe a two seater/convertible.

To many cars to buy, but not enough cash hey...know the feeling[sAD][/sAD]

Packing the Supra away? Last Tuesday when it was pouring it like tehir is no tomorrow I was poddling along the A13 towards Southend at 70MPH... maybe sometimes a little quicker. Drove over 100 miles in that day including playing football at Beckham Academy & then booting it a bit to get to Blackwall Tunnel before it closes at 9pm! :D

Mine gets washed regularly & make sure it is cleaned underneath and your all good! :thumbs:

I hear what your saying, but i don't to have to use the pride and joy everyday...petrol alone would cripple me as i commute into town everyday. sounds like your enjoying yours just a little too much;):)

I dont get you people, you buy a Supra then never drive it? Have you lost the keys or something? I cant wait to get out of my shitter Golf and fire up the Aristo :)

well i get the sneaking suspicion that the missus hides them from time to time.But the aristo is no supra...hey;)

Your car is stunning! Keep it!
cheers mate...yours is looking smart too:)

I'm struggling to understand - why did you get a Supra if you couldn't afford to drive it as often as you wanted? They're not THAT thirsty, unless you're constantly flattening it (although, I would expect most Supra owners to drive that way :p).

I constantly have the itch to drive mine, even though it's 15000 km away.

I'm struggling to understand - why did you get a Supra if you couldn't afford to drive it as often as you wanted? They're not THAT thirsty, unless you're constantly flattening it (although, I would expect most Supra owners to drive that way :p).

I constantly have the itch to drive mine, even though it's 15000 km away.

Its not that i cant afford to drive the supe, its more that i would rather keep it in its condition that it is in now.UK road are sh*t at the moment imho.

I run three other cars too:tongue: amongst other things...not being funny but it sound like you still live with your mum&dad:rlol:

Its not that i cant afford to drive the supe, its more that i would rather keep it in its condition that it is in now.UK road are sh*t at the moment imho.

I run three other cars too:tongue: amongst other things...not being funny but it sound like you still live with your mum&dad:rlol:

Not sure how you'd think I live with my Mum and Dad?!? :blink: Because I used to daily drive a big single turbo Supra? Or because I still own it outright despite being here and it being in Australia?

But back to the issue at hand... I can completely understand taking a nice car off the road for winter - to avoid the ice (if you run summer tyres or semi-slicks) and salt and crappy weather - or just driving it on weekends. But owning a Supra and not driving it at all makes little sense to me, unless it was so modified that you could only drive in certain conditions.

Perhaps if it doesn't make you super excited thinking about driving it, you really should sell it?