The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Le Mans 2010

T2 MSW

Who is intrested in going to Le mans this year.

So far me and My brother are going and will be booking ferry tickets soon. Just wanted to confirm dates.

Personally the wednesday to Mon last year was too long so I was thinking of starting early AM thursday this year.

Something like thursday 10th June 12-1PM Ferry from dover to dunkirque and then straight down to Le mans.

Say in Abbeville like normal on the sunday night and travel back on the monday again a midday ferry.

Any thoughts?

1. M5W TT

2. Phil Ward

3. Ian Ian

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had i known this was going to happen i would have been in but i literally booked my ferry tickets and camping pass on manday.....going dover calais on the friday and returning monday and camping at blue nord right by lemans itself

could maybe drive down with you guys as it looks like we more or less travel at same time

oops just seen you are going thursday we are going on friday so even thats out

had i known this was going to happen i would have been in but i literally booked my ferry tickets and camping pass on manday.....going dover calais on the friday and returning monday and camping at blue nord right by lemans itself

could maybe drive down with you guys as it looks like we more or less travel at same time

oops just seen you are going thursday we are going on friday so even thats out

Ferry tickets you can change free of charge. The camping pass if you can flog on or get a refund you can camp with us as its free ;)

Come in the Renault then :innocent::D

Cheers

-Ian-

That would be fun in the worlds slowest car.......:D

Why is the 911 on order? :)

I wish..!!:innocent:

Getting a job is my top priority at the moment. We have two cars at present and one of them is not practical with two kids. I will have to swap the Supe for something with 4 doors in the next few weeks if I don't get a job offer.......:(

If I do get a job offer the car will be going anyway but it will be replaced by something less practical.....:D

H.

• 3 weeks later...
:) so we got a ferry date on this yet ? are we going over on Wednesday or Thursday midday crossing ? need to get the ferry booked

Plus anyone else going ? ? ?

Cheers

-Ian-

I was thinking the thursday for traveling over, midday ferry or something like that. The wednesday just made it too long last year. Stay in Abbeville again on the sunday and a ferry back on monday.

What was the camp site colour we stayed by? Need to find out the cost of parking tickets for that car park.

I was thinking the thursday for traveling over, midday ferry or something like that. The wednesday just made it too long last year. Stay in Abbeville again on the sunday and a ferry back on monday.

What was the camp site colour we stayed by? Need to find out the cost of parking tickets for that car park.

"Our spot"....:D is near green campsite. If you get there early enough, you will not need tickets.....;)

If you get there on Friday you may need to go to the "Circuit De Expositions" building which is opposite the main entrance on the start/finish straight.

Give me a bell if you need any other info Mike....;)

H.

gonna book the ferry this week thursday 12 noon ? then straight down to Lemans like last year ?

Cheers

-Ian-

"Our spot"....:D is near green campsite. If you get there early enough, you will not need tickets.....;)

If you get there on Friday you may need to go to the "Circuit De Expositions" building which is opposite the main entrance on the start/finish straight.

Give me a bell if you need any other info Mike....;)

H.

So you can buy the parking tickets once there?

Cheers for the offer fella, sure we cant tempt you and Vic into coming, there will be loads of baby sitters for Joel and Ellis and It wont be the same trip without his little face lighting up every time a vette goes past :)

gonna book the ferry this week thursday 12 noon ? then straight down to Lemans like last year ?

Cheers

-Ian-

Yeah Thursday 12 PM outbound and Monday 12 PM return ill do the same this week.

Need to ensure I get the days in at work tomorrow.

So you can buy the parking tickets once there?

Cheers for the offer fella, sure we cant tempt you and Vic into coming, there will be loads of baby sitters for Joel and Ellis and It wont be the same trip without his little face lighting up every time a vette goes past :)

Yes mate..!!

There is a massive carpark and building opposite the circuit where you can buy tickets for the race and also parking. This is where my dad and I used to blag the women serving for a discount as we were in the AA.

I will miss the trip especially as it looks as if I may be sorted on the job front (hopefully). Ellis is a little disappointed but it's not fair on Joel to keep leaving him on his birthday.

By next year Joel will be 4 and old enough to go on the trip without nappies etc.

H.