The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Intermittent juddering at certain speeds :(

PaulD76

Hello

Over the past 2 days Ive noticed a problem with my beloved supra which has been problem free for years. Its an SZ 96.

When driving at slow speeds there is not problem and all feels fine, but when i get up to good speeds of 50-60 ish i start to feel judder in the steering wheels. When i slow down it remains but gradually disappears.

I just took it to a tire place to check the alignment but they said they felt it was the upper control arm which had some give in it on the drivers side.

Does this sounds logical? As they are tires only they dont have a financial reason to tell me this. I just phoned Toyota for a laugh and they quoted £230 for the part :blink:

I did search for similar posts but nothing looked the same :( - thanks for any input

I just took it for a spin and it was fine up to 40mph then the judder came on, by 50 it was quite noticeable...

when i slowed down it was still there, even at 1mph, which makes me think its not a balance issue but a sticky brake now... gonna take it to a mechanic later today if he has time (as he is currently fixing my ford KA!! GGRRRR RAR)

Just took it for a drive, when i got back the front passenger wheel was incredibly hot and had a burning smell! The driver was had virtually no heat coming off it.

Sounds like a caliper. I had to replace the driver side one a few years back. Well at least i know the problem now!!

Thanks for everyones input.