The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flocked Dash on a Supra

Project Blitz

Do people flock over the rubber stuff, or remove it first?

I have had the rubber flocked over and there is no difference in quality, the only problem is if the rubber is coming away from the dash the flock is attached to the rubber. There is flocking and flocking its all in the prep and the glue you use, my guy has flocked his wheels and cam covers its been on there for 10,000 mls and looks as good as new, it is without a doubt my fav finish for panels, great with no reflection now, I notice most of the WRC cars use it.

I have had the rubber flocked over and there is no difference in quality, the only problem is if the rubber is coming away from the dash the flock is attached to the rubber. There is flocking and flocking its all in the prep and the glue you use, my guy has flocked his wheels and cam covers its been on there for 10,000 mls and looks as good as new, it is without a doubt my fav finish for panels, great with no reflection now, I notice most of the WRC cars use it.

:thumbs:

Cheers for that Dude.

I love a flocked dash. Proper motorsport style and like you say, no annoying reflection. Much better than other dash finishes IMHO.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if anyone could post some pics up?

I have found a guy who can do it & was thinking maybe if anyone was up for it?

I am interested but he hasnt got any supra examples to show me

Who and where ? i've found a place not far from me that do it and intend to pop down in the near future to check out their quality, im looking into getting the dash pieces that go round the tacho, speedo, stereo and gear shift sections.

Who and where ? i've found a place not far from me that do it and intend to pop down in the near future to check out their quality, im looking into getting the dash pieces that go round the tacho, speedo, stereo and gear shift sections.

I thought you would be interested in this thread fella.

I think the flocked dash really cheapens the look of the car. each to their own though and it's good that everyone has different tastes and opinions or we'd all be driving the same car :)

Peter

Well thats the first time ive had that, some of the other customers have some pretty expensive cars , ferrari, maserati etc and the ones that have seen it comment on how EXPENSIVE it looks, still it does look completly different in the flesh.

IMO leather looks terrible and you get the reflection off it, alacantara or suede will not look nice for too long, flocking is really a competition thing/look I had it done for a reason, to get rid of the reflection and the feeling that in a fire I would melt to death, also had all the facia panels flocked in grey with black flocked dial surrounds, almost got a spare set of dash panels where we experimented.

Looks very nice indeed dude, will be interested to see the pics of the finished article.

It's one of those things where you either do the dash panels only and a few accents around the cabin or you do everything. I think you've taken the right approach.

Only thing not getting flocked is the headliner, im in flock heaven me!!!!!!!!:p