The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil presure and Temp Solutions

T2 MSW

What solutions have people got for monitoring oil presure and oil temp?

Im having some issues with the supply of my Dash unit and it dont look like its going to be delivered and fitted in time for my next track day on the 6th March.

Im looking for a cheap and chearful way of monitoring the oil pressure and oil temps as I know if I dont monitor them i will be worried about it all day.

Any ideas welcome but im not looking to go out and spend a load of money on expensive guages.

I always run a mechanical (capillary) type oil pressure gauge unless the customers budget allows a decent digi dash and expensive Bosch senders. Raceparts gauges work fine, they do a 0 to 160 PSI pressure gauge, that I plumb into the oil filter housing centre bolt, and an electronic oil temp gauge I use with an m10 x 1.00 sender in the sump plug. Just ordered a set for someone's Supra on here, and I run exactly the same on my own Skyline engine. With the sump off you can weld in a boss and use a capillary type oil temp gauge, too, if you wish.

Cheers Chris. Im waiting on a racepak dash with their own senders as my perminent solution but Im looking for a cheap temp solution just to keep an eye on it. Really was looking to avoid the copies all over ebay that prob read 90 degrees when its actually 130 :(

Cheers Chris. Im waiting on a racepak dash with their own senders as my perminent solution but Im looking for a cheap temp solution just to keep an eye on it. Really was looking to avoid the copies all over ebay that prob read 90 degrees when its actually 130 :(

if you dont have access to calibration equipment a quick and easy method is boiling water, unless you live half way up Everest ;) you will get a reliable 97-100 degrees, being in the calibration business in a previous life dont be fooled into thinking expensive necesarily means accurate