The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Better late than never!

provee

Hi Supra fans!

It's taken me an age to become a member of the MkIV Supra Owner's Club but better late than never.

I have a non-turbo Supra which I have owned since May 1999. It was a 'facelift' model built in January 1997 and imported into the UK via a guy I knew who had a Toyota dealership in New Zealand. The car has served me well in the 11 years (almost) that I have owned it and it is currently undergoing a 'make over' because the car deserves it!

I find it incredible that these cars now resale for less than a brand new Toyota Yaris! That's one reason I plan to keep my Supra for a lot longer yet.

:cool:

Back in 1999 I paid £20K for the car with 12,000 miles which, at the time, wasn't bad value for the spec. A mate of mine had previously bought a new UK spec twin turbo which cost him £35K plus. Never ever buy a new car.

WOW you have more or less bought from new, I bet you paid a fair few sheets for that in comparison to what they sell for now, I would imagine circa £12000?

Anyway welcome to the club, you took long enough LOL

Bloody hell!!, Mind you that would have been a half decent price back then. But you mate got that for a good price because Im sure that the uk tt were £40 - £50k.

Just cant believe that some na (non turbo) supras can now be had for as little as £1k

Everyone likes pictures on here, so you will have to post some up when you get chance with the "makeovers" you are doing on it. :thumbs:

The makeover will be done in stages ... 18 in wheels, respray (keeping original colour), some subtle body kit additions to start with ... as I want to keep the car pretty close to what it looked like originally. No point making a non turbo look as if it's got 700 HP under the bonnet! lol

Bloody hell!!, Mind you that would have been a half decent price back then. But you mate got that for a good price because Im sure that the uk tt were £40 - £50k.

Just cant believe that some na (non turbo) supras can now be had for as little as £1k

Everyone likes pictures on here, so you will have to post some up when you get chance with the "makeovers" you are doing on it. :thumbs: