The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gradual Progression on my Supra (inc. Pictures)

Fitz

It's been a while since I first purchased my Supra now and when I bought it, it was in good condition (albeit a few scratches on the bumper and signs of age here and there). The car itself was totally stock with the exception of some aftermarket 17" equip alloys.

The wheels were OK to say the least, but whilst driving home one of the tyres started to gradually deflate. Initially I thought it was a puncture, however it turned out to be 3 pin hole cracks on the inner rim causing air to constantly be squeezed out under the pressure. So whilst I was on the hunt for new wheels I had to stop off at my local garage for air every 2-3 days.

Eventually however I found a nice set of stock 17" alloys in great condition from member 'Movistar'. He even brought them to my home address for convenience. So the old wheels were taken off and the 'new' wheels put on.

After this time things were going well until I had an overheating problem, turned out I needed a new water pump. So that was done next.

Due to the car being lowered on Green KYB lowering springs, it made it rather difficult to get over the speed bumps and into the local city centre car park, so suspension was next on the list.

After speaking to Paul at Whifbitz I decided to get a new set of BC Racing Suspension fitted and had it raised up to near stock height...much better.

Whilst it was with Paul, I also decided to have a new exhaust put on to add a bit of 'aggresion' to it. So I opted for the 'Whifbitz 2.5" single box exhaust' - not too loud but a lovely nice rumble :)

Lastly, as the car was a stock J-Spec it of course came with a set of lovely yellow lights and orange 'blob' inicators. So I finally got around to purchasing UK Glass Headlights and Facelift front indicators to modernize the look. However, as the front bumper had visable scratches all around it I decided to get the bumper resprayed prior to fitting them. Oh I also had a smaller license plate made up and added rear tinted windows for aesthetic purposes.

Before:

After:

Don't think I'll be adding a body kit or anything dramatic. I'll be having my dash resprayed in Matt Black soon along with maybe purchasing a few subtle interior items (i.e. new headunit, new steering wheel etc.) But, that's it for now - Thanks for looking. :)

bugger ok mate,

ill give you some money for the rear setup if you can get them back ;)

Had them changed in October 2009, doubt he's still got them but feel free to ask him, Paul's a great chap.

You've done a good job there. I like it with the stock alloys. :)

Yeah I was a bit sceptical at first, I thought going aftermarket would be best but I'm happy the way it has turned out.

Shame the Works had a crack but those stock 17s really do look great on a silver supra, and the headlight swap just makes so much of a difference! :thumbs:

I was going to see if I could get them all refurbed and try to 'fix' the crack in the wheel but I opted against it. One thing I will say is that those Works wheels would have looked brilliant brand new. I only found out how much they were after I got rid of them :blink:

hey bud...you have done your-self proud, its looking really soooo much better. Maybe catch up this year at one of the meets.Take care.....

Yeah I think she looks a lot better now than when you saw her last. Would be good to catch up with you at a meet, you should try and make my Southcoast Run in april if you can or the WIM day.

Very nice improvement. :)

Its amazing how much better the front looks with clear indicators ;)

I agree, clear indicators and the UK Glass Lights set it off nicely.