The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clifford 600 / BlackJax - Need it off for servicing!

Elliot

Hi everyone

My Supe is in for a major service tomorrow morning.

As they will need to be messing round with it both engine on and off, up on the stands etc etc I could really do with the alarm & anti-hijacking being off the entire time they have it, otherwise they're going to have a nightmare with it.

Does anyone know how to turn it off? I have read about the 'valet mode' but I think that only turns the alarm of until the next time the engine is started??

If that's the case then it's probably no good - I need it off for the day really!

Anyone have one of these alarms, or any suggestions or advice I would greatly appreciate it! (by tomorrow morning if possible! :) )

Iv got the 500 with blackjack.

i just explain to the mechanic how to activate tamper mode.

They are a damn good alarm but they are a fuchin pain in the ass !

I was warned never to remove the batt unles it is in tamper mode cos it will bugger the settings up !!!

To turn on/off Blackjax....

1, Enter you valet code in the normal way.

2, Immediatly push and hold the star button, until you hear a chirp.

3, After the chirp, press the blank side of the valet switch twice, and wait for a 2 chirp confirmation.

4, After the chirps, push the star button 5 times. This should chirp at you for every press.

5, Wait for confirmation chirps. 2 chirps for ON, one chirp for OFF.

6, Switch off the ignition, and you should get 3 chirps.

:)

Thanks Matt

I found that in the book about half hour ago and have been trying it since, but couldn't get it to work. I found out how to do valet mode though!

I didn't get the 2 chirp confirmation though, so maybe I was pressing the star button too quickly.

I'll go and try out the right way :) now and let you know how it goes.

I've had this car/clifford around 8 months now and I can't believe I've waited for the night before this service to find out how to disable the anti-hijack! - I'm well slack! :)

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

To turn on/off Blackjax....

1, Enter you valet code in the normal way.

2, Immediatly push and hold the star button, until you hear a chirp.

3, After the chirp, press the blank side of the valet switch twice, and wait for a 2 chirp confirmation.

4, After the chirps, push the star button 5 times. This should chirp at you for every press.

5, Wait for confirmation chirps. 2 chirps for ON, one chirp for OFF.

6, Switch off the ignition, and you should get 3 chirps.

:)

Whilst standing on one leg, hopping, patting your head and rubbing your stomach :p

All done! :) Thanks for that Matt - much appreciated.

You should write the Clifford book, it's well confusing until someone with some sense points out how to do it!

I managed to do it on one leg, patting my head and rubbing my nose, but couldn't manage the skipping - maybe I'll practice that when I turn the anti-hijack back on!

Am I correct in thinking that all the service people need now is the alarm fob, and don't need to know my valet code?

Will there be any problems if they remove/play around with the battery? I can't see why they should need to, but they might need to reach something down there or whatever.

Shouldn't be a problem. If they disconnect the battery, when it's powered up, it should come back in the same state it was disconnected.

No-one should need to use your valet code, but they will need the remotes to re-start the engine.

I assume you haven't got passive arming turned on?

Is passive arming the thing that makes it arm itself after about a minute and then go off every time my daughter moves in the car while I am in the garage paying for my petrol??

Does anyone know how to turn this off, it is driving me nuts! We are in the middle of building a house, and like everything else the manual is buried in a box in the loft.

Cheers

Morg

PS What's the deal with going to Halfords to get a new battery put in the keyfob, and they can't do it, I have to call out the alarm installers Hyde Park Corner. I bought the damn thing at Halfords FFS! :conf:

• 5 weeks later...

hello everybody,

right now the formalties over with HEEELLLLPPPPP!!

i've just encountered a major problem with my concept 600, it was stunnin when working but its now turned into a nightmare!!.

first i had a problem witht he fog light, didnt work, thought it was just a elec fault and was waiting for time to have a look and discover the problem.

then the turbos started missing, it either worked perfectly when i started the car or it popped, problem was it would work fine for hours then id turn off the ignition, start it up not two minutes later and it would start.

then it blew off the standard plastic bleed valve

then, i was changing the radio a kenwood for a kenwood when the battery live to the radio was only kicking out 2 Volts!!!! jury rigged up the igntion live into both inputs on the radio so i had some music till i could get it into a toyota dealer.

finally puttign the panels back, at 3am after starting at 9 that morning - was putting amp and wiring in tho, and lost the turbo time, heating matrix - or whatever u call the dial and bits for the fan, and now am getting the front spoiler ramndomly lowering and raising, the andbrake light appearing and disappearing and other random elec faults.

now for the biggest problem: i live by stansted airport and the two nearest official clifford retailers wont help, one dont touch clifford no more and the other has a car spark work only for short periods and wont bring him in to check the car.

please could someone tell me

a.) is there a lifetime guarentee on those things

b.) does one of you esteemed patrons happen to be a car spark god who could give me 30 mins to get the problem figured out and sorted.

cheers

Rob

Hmmm, at a guess I'd suggest you've popped a fuse or two. Have you checked all the fuses? - In both fuseboxes? (one in the engine bay, and one down under the dash at the botton of the A-post).

In answer to your questions, firstly, yes, there is a lifetime guarantee on Clifford alarms, providing you have your reciept, and you are the original purchaser of the alarm system. The labour content of the guarantee is covered by the installing dealer, and not transferable. - Cliffords side of the guarantee covers the main control unit and remote controls to be free from manufacturing faults for the lifetime of ownership of the original purchaser. All other components of the alarm are covered by a 1 year warranty

So, if the problem is something you've caused, your installer, (if you know who that is), will be looking to charge you. Ideally, you should try to contact the original installer first, in case it's not your fault. Which brings me to your second question, I'm sure, whatever the problems are I could probably help you out. I'm based in Maidstone, so I'm only about an hour away from you. If you need help, by all means give me a call.

Originally posted by morgaine

Is passive arming the thing that makes it arm itself after about a minute and then go off every time my daughter moves in the car while I am in the garage paying for my petrol??

Does anyone know how to turn this off, it is driving me nuts! We are in the middle of building a house, and like everything else the manual is buried in a box in the loft.

Cheers

Morg

Sorry, I hadn't seen this one. You need to follow the same procedure as above, but use the code 3, then 1 on the blank side of the valet switch. (Blackjax is 5, 2), to turn of Passive arming, (or Auto arming).

PS What's the deal with going to Halfords to get a new battery put in the keyfob, and they can't do it, I have to call out the alarm installers Hyde Park Corner. I bought the damn thing at Halfords FFS! :conf:

Oh dear. :innocent: I assume you've sorted this out now?

Matt, another BlackJax question; I turned mine off a few months back, as when I tried to enter the code, it seemed as though it was being ignored.

What are the exact steps with the key and keypad that need to be taken before the code is accepted? Does I need to turn on the ignition first with the key and then enter the code?

Cheers dude :thumbs:

Yes, the ignition must be on first.

Get in the car and make sure all the doors are fully shut. The turn on the ignition, then enter the code. It's best to enter the code at a steady pace, don't try to enter it to fast, as you can sometimes not put enough pressure on one of the buttons to make a contact.

You can wait until the alarm chirps at you first if you prefer, but I'd rather enter it before I start driving.