The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Registration Numbers?

Pudsey

I have seen a couple of Supra's for sale now displaying a V - Registration mark, and they are not cherised plates or none year classification either.

The cars are clearly not 2000 models, so how can they display a V - Registration mark?

I can only assume that they are not the real plates, and are for the benefit of the sales pictures only.

Only reason I am wondering is because when I bought mine I was going to transfer a V plate to it I have, but was told that I could not make it appear younger (first dealing with number plates see).

The Supra's I have seen have all been on Pistonheads, a Red N/A Aerotop at a garage, and a White VVTI for sale as we speak.

Am I missing something? :search:

More than likely a DVLA screw up, i know of a 95 na thats

on a 53 plate :blink:

Ah yeah missed that option out didn't I.

You would of thought that couldn't happen, but I think your probably right to be honest.

I was looking at the W - Registration Black Supra for sale too, was brought into the country in 2000 the seller states.

Don't see many of those around do you.

Edited by Pudsey
word change.... (see edit history)

You would of thought that couldn't happen, but I think your probably right to be honest.

I was looking at the W - Registration Black Supra for sale too, was brought into the country in 2000 the seller states.

Don't see any of those around do you.

Its not very clever to say the least and youd have thought it couldnt happen but obviously does.

Buyer beware incase a dodgy seller trys to pull a fast one ;)

Its not very clever to say the least and youd have thought it couldnt happen but obviously does.

Buyer beware incase a dodgy seller trys to pull a fast one ;)

Yeah, definately buyer beware time.

Some of the prices of registration numbers are just crazy aren't they too, have been trying to shift one myself.

Appears that most registration companies are tighening their belts, most don't even reply with a quote.

This is true. This 2000 Black Supra was imported new from Japan. I have seen the receipt. So it was brand spanking new. 1st owner is a UK owner. He paid nearly £40,000 for it. It was sale for £11,800. I literally missed the buy as the current seller selling it was bugging the seller so much. I knew it was a trader....so there you go. A tidy profit od nearly £4000 for him.

Don't see many of those around do you.

This is true. This 2000 Black Supra was imported new from Japan. I have seen the receipt. So it was brand spanking new. 1st owner is a UK owner. He paid nearly £40,000 for it. It was sale for £11,800. I literally missed the buy as the current seller selling it was bugging the seller so much. I knew it was a trader....so there you go. A tidy profit od nearly £4000 for him.

Certainly is a tidy profit indeed.

Really nice car being a 'Late 6 speed' just a shame it hasn't been left bone stock, might justify a slightly higher price tag then.

About the money your talking would sound about right.

Saying that it would have seen a few winters in this country, hope it has been well unsealed from arrival.

Yeah, definately buyer beware time.

Some of the prices of registration numbers are just crazy aren't they too, have been trying to shift one myself.

Appears that most registration companies are tighening their belts, most don't even reply with a quote.

Definetly crazy but thats us humans for you, just look at some of the crap on the Antiques roadshow as an example :D

The bit on reg numbers i dont get is why they value prefix reg numbers so highly ? i dont care what it says or if you squint it looks like this or the 4 is an A pmsl, not its not its a 4 end of :D

I sold my plate a while back for a tidy profit but its back for sale at silly money now. was a non prefix though so as i call them a true private reg as it hides the year of the car and can go on any age of car.

They were £42995 for a uk spec or there abouts in 1996 so that was a good buy for under £40k in 2000

Definetly crazy but thats us humans for you, just look at some of the crap on the Antiques roadshow as an example :D

The bit on reg numbers i dont get is why they value prefix reg numbers so highly ? i dont care what it says or if you squint it looks like this or the 4 is an A pmsl, not its not its a 4 end of :D

I sold my plate a while back for a tidy profit but its back for sale at silly money now. was a non prefix though so as i call them a true private reg as it hides the year of the car and can go on any age of car.

:D yeah totally agree with you on that one.

I think a true private plate is best, so that it doesn't limit by age.

Certainly some people out there with too much money ha.

:D yeah totally agree with you on that one.

I think a true private plate is best, so that it doesn't limit by age.

Certainly some people out there with too much money ha.

Before driving really took on in this country my mates father way back before prefix reg numbers got issued with 1 VP :) im not sure if they've still got it but know a while ago Vernons Pools offered them £45k for it !!!:blink: