The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I have picked up my j spec tt 6 speed

richarde7927

Hello there all i have posted in the new member section

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=208143

I have now got the car and im over the moon with her, the only thing is the exhaust is not load enough for me put that can be sorted .

Anyone know were there is a good one for sale i have looked at the nurspec r and the hks t systems .

One more question how do you get the traction control off

if the wheels spin there is a green light on the dash that flash and the engine power drops which i would say is right ,but i press the off buttom and nothing no lights and traction control is still on .

Its not a problem at the min but i do like to go to santa pod and i fancy a go at a drift what you brung day plus i have a track day book in april.

Ill add pictures later when i have clean her as its dirty due to the 120 mile drive home down the motorway. Rich.

I have now got the car and im over the moon with her, the only thing is the exhaust is not load enough for me put that can be sorted .

plus i have a track day book in april.

Congratulations on the new motor :thumbs:

You might want to rethink fitting a louder exhaust if you are doing track days, as there are strict noise restrictions at most circuits.

Personally a quieter exhaust is a bonus IMO, do you know what exhaust it has fitted at the moment?

I have a Nur spec R on mine and i think it's great, I know some members think it drones a bit on the motorway, However i hardly ever go on the motorway. Like said before though it may not be suitable for track days due the noise restriction, Even though it comes with a silencer.

Congratulations on the new motor :thumbs:

You might want to rethink fitting a louder exhaust if you are doing track days, as there are strict noise restrictions at most circuits.

Personally a quieter exhaust is a bonus IMO, do you know what exhaust it has fitted at the moment?

I think most of those sort of exhaust come with a bung, to put in the back box .

Its a VeilSide Evo Exhaust System looks really nice and its s/s its got a good sound just not every load but like you say thats down to taste. Rich.

Edited by richarde7927 (see edit history)

I have a Nur spec R on mine and i think it's great, I know some members think it drones a bit on the motorway, However i hardly ever go on the motorway. Like said before though it may not be suitable for track days due the noise restriction, Even though it comes with a silencer.

You think it would still to load with the bung in then . Rich.

Most don't, but you can buy them separately. It's far from an ideal solution from a performance point of view.

Thats true but if it gets you on the track . ill only do the one this year , ill be at santa pod and places like that the rest of the time and there are no problems with exhausts there . Rich.

Stuff the track days what about your neighbours having to put up with the noise everyday ;)

Get a HKS Super Drager, the car sounds good but not noisey, loud exhausts are for kids on mopeds to make them think their going quicker :D

Ill only be using the car at the weekends if i have somewere to go in it so the neighbours will be ok .

They cannot be that load anyway . Rich.