The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thankyou garrage 786

Guigsy

Would just like to say a big thankyou to ash and garrage 786, i had my car taken to them to fit suspention and have a few other things looked at that i had been meaning to have done for months. AFR and EGT sensors fitting and boost controller fitting, and a few other things, One of which was why the car wouldnt boost to 1.3 bar like it used to when i first had it, but i figured the boost controler would fix that. Left with with them for the week as i dont need the car during the week so no rush. Expecting to get a train and a couple of taxi's and pick it up on saturday.

However i needed the car back by the weekend as im in the process of buying a new house and selling the one im in now. We are also trying to organise a wedding later this year. So my free time is limited and valuable to me! I called Ash on friday at lunchtime as luck would have it i had the opportunity of a lift after work up to leicester. He said he would wait arround for me as i wouldnt be up in leicester untill 6...

Then at 2 he gave me a call as i had got a misfire. Apparently the garrage when i last had my plugs changed had used silicone to hold the wires in and it had come undone (im not technical so thats the best discription i can give from what i remember of the picture ash sent me :p). Ash had to break the clips to get the plug out. Luckily toyota had some! My plugs were also the wrong kind for a bpu car (ffs) So he changed them aswell. All a rush at the last moment.

However it seems i was a bit optomistic about getting to leicester at 6 and had underestimated the ammount of traffic on friday night at rush hour and also the uselessness of my dads satnav in his jag. (or it could have been him refuseing to use the speech function and my mum not being able to translate pictures into words accurately... nightmare :banghead:).

Anyway by the time i got there it was 6:30 and ash was getting some grief off his wife for not being home. Sorry! :(

Anyway... My car now boosts at 1.25 bar. My guages all work and my car is sorted. It also now spins the rears at 50mph, i dont think it ever did that. But im putting that down to the geo being all screwed up :p

Again. Thankyou ash. Appologise to your wife for me.

Great service and comunication from Ash all week. I didnt make it easy for you guys!

Fantastic feedback, been hearing very good things about Garage786!

Sorry I didn't make it to you when I was last up in Leicester but was in a mad rush!

Though seeing as the future in laws are now based in Leicester I guess I'll get a chance to use you!

Good to finally meet you Adam. :)

This bodge job need to be seen and that's bear wire on left :blink:

Fantastic feedback, been hearing very good things about Garage786!

Sorry I didn't make it to you when I was last up in Leicester but was in a mad rush!

Though seeing as the future in laws are now based in Leicester I guess I'll get a chance to use you!

Abz's I'm still waiting for the wedding cake. :D

Good to finally meet you Adam. :)

This bodge job need to be seen and that's bear wire on left :blink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/ashbhp/P1000288.jpg

Abz's I'm still waiting for the wedding cake. :D

car pulls beautifully. would have loved to get it on the dyno. im sure it would have beated my previous best :p

I have to learn how to read these new guages. i dont know at what im looking for on them which would indicate something is wrong :p

AFR seems to bounce back and forth more than i realised when driving arround. bit like watching pong sometimes :p