The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying UK Supra TT Auto

Guest renel240

hi to all

i was wondering if it is possible to get a uk tt auto or manual for max £7k as i dont have enough funds to stretch further

Not a hope in hell of getting a UK manual for that money but you may (and it is a big maybe) find a well worn UK auto for that money. Why is it so important to get a UK model?

hi to all

i was wondering if it is possible to get a uk tt auto or manual for max £7k as i dont have enough funds to stretch further

It may well be possible but are you OK for cash should the car need any work doing in the short-term? Do you have the funds to care for and feed a Supra or just buy one and hope for the best?

A Supra is for a while, not just until a four figure bill arrives ;)

Maybe a £6k J-Spec with a grand spare just in case is more sensible?

Scrap that... get a UK and sell a kidney.

On the surface that does look a good buy - if you have to have a UK ;)

It does look like a good buy.

If the car is as good in the flesh as it looks and sounds from the advert then its well worth a look in my opinion.

How much you need in reserve to look after this car will depend on whats been done regarding items that perish over the years and could need changing in the near future.

Engine hoses

Brake lines

Valve stem seals

Caliper seals

Intercooler

Air con rad

Water Rad

Heater Matrix

A little list of things to be aware of when buying a 15 yr old supra

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Yes it is, i got mine for a little less than £5000 how ever i doubt i will ever find another one that cheap again.

O yeah i did before i got that one. but i didnt have the money for it, i told another memeber here and he got it.

They are out there. But they are starting to get thin on the ground now.

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)