The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'Fitz Event' - Part 2 (April 2010)

Fitz

After last years rather successful 'Fitz Event' a few members have been enquiring about another 'event'. So I have been thinking about organising a Part 2. Now the weather has not been so great as of late but I am being rather optimistic about the weather in April.

I haven't decided on a date yet but I have decided it will be a Sunday as that normally seems the most convenient for most people. Also, most likely to be Mid to late April (18th/25th) depending on what people prefer.

For the time being, there is no set route as I thought now would be a good time for everyone to voice their opinions and suggestions about where to go. For those that were not aware of the last Southcoast Run we started off in Dorking and headed down to Brighton where we had a bite to eat, then back up and round to AFR.

A few suggestions so far have been asking if the next route could take in more of the coast, so if any other members have any similar suggestions or a route which incorporates a nice coastal drive please feel free to suggest it.

Here are threads with details and a few pictures from the last event:

Pre-Southcoast Run

Post Southcoast Run

And two videos from the day:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought last years route was pretty good, though the route along from Brighton to Portsmouth is pretty good and the front at Southsea is a good cruise with a few cafe's and not many traffic lights.

I may be slightly biased though because I live near Portsmouth, but I would drive up for a start at say Dorking then do the drive and leave after Pompii, I would do mostly anywhere that wasn't too far though.

Bob.

Thought last years route was pretty good, though the route along from Brighton to Portsmouth is pretty good and the front at Southsea is a good cruise with a few cafe's and not many traffic lights.

I may be slightly biased though because I live near Portsmouth, but I would drive up for a start at say Dorking then do the drive and leave after Pompii, I would do mostly anywhere that wasn't too far though.

Bob.

Sounds good to me.

But happy to help with the route again if you need it.

Cheers JB, I'll most likely drop you a PM soon. Would be good for you to make it to one.

Apparently Portsmouth and Southsea are good for a coastal run, if the girlfriend is to be believed, be good to see you all again

Seems Good. I'll believe a select handful of women :) but mainly when it comes to destinations I'll take their word for it. Women know where to go. (Hence why my girlfriend always books where we go on holiday)

Sounds good so far, I'll have to take a look into it.

Sounds good to me.

:)

Anyone else on board? I may PM a few members who came last time also those who originally signed up for the 'Southcoast Supras' thread that Wayne started.