The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just changed spark plugs on n/a

Scutch0

hi guys,

just changed my plugs on my n/a from densos to some ngk iridiums. i had the car running for a few mins before starting the job (as i needed to move it)

all went well and she ticks over at much lower rpm's when cold (previously at 2k, now at about 1.6k)

when i had the old ones out the plugs from cylinder 2,3,4 and 5 were phisically wet with petrol, whereas 1 and 6 were dry??

anything to worry about?

the plug were a nice brown colour so i didnt suspect any problems, but the best i seem to be able to do mpg is about 23 at the mo since fitting the stock airbox (had it on for about 3 weeks now, and also reset the ecu)... i was previously getting nearly 28-29 with the hks intake fitted.

the cats are still in with a blitz nur spec backbox but the exhaust fumes do smell a little "fuely" if you get me...

is she running too rich?

anything i can do?

O2 Sensors. At a guess

When warm what does it tick over at?

hmm, im guessing theyre rather expensive as thats the same thing i had on my glanza v, can you clean them? how much is a new pair?

it ticks over at about 700 when warm, cold start is about 16-1700