The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Skirts or no skirts?

Chiefgroover

Stock or skirted look? (no spats)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Stock or skirted look? (no spats)

• Back to stock with completely colour coded sill
    • stick with the Toyota skirts

OK pervs......this thread is about the Supra !!

I am currently debating whether to go the stock look or the toyota side skirts look. I have the skirts on but not sure if i want to stay with them, I quite like to stock look too with the entire skirt and small plastic bits colour coded.

your votes / opinons please :)

For me it all depends on what the rest of the car does.

If you have a rear diffuser, spats, a non OEM spoiler and either a different front or just simply a splitter, then - in my opinion - you need skirts.

Otherwise, it's very much personal preference.

Given that my car is - visually - stock, I don't feel the need for skirts in the slightest.

I plan on putting on Top Secret skirts however, but only when I make little alterations here and there as well. :)

OK pervs......this thread is about the Supra !!

I am currently debating whether to go the stock look or the toyota side skirts look. I have the skirts on but not sure if i want to stay with them, I quite like to stock look too with the entire skirt and small plastic bits colour coded.

your votes / opinons please :)

after market side skirts are a nightmare when you get a flat tyre:p,and speed bumps the list goes on lol

i have just bought my 3rd supra tt and its stock 100% with no side skirts and im leaving it that way :)

I used to prefer them with the oem kit. But now I much prefer them 100% clean.

The worst bit is the spats, they look totally, and very obviously, stuck on.

Clean:

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu31/willson75/NasserSupra11000.jpg

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu31/willson75/DSC00012.jpg

Mind you that black one in willsons post with the number V on the side window looks amazing,very nice stock supra

I am not a style guru, I don't do bling, or colour code engine bays, but one thing I am certain about, and have strong feelings about How anyone, really, *ANYONE* can say the MKIV looks better with side skirts than without I do not know :) Even the OE type are terrible, not only to gaze upon, but in practical terms of damage liability, PITA to get a two post ramps arms under, fretting on the paintwork, blah blah. Some of the after market ones are truly ghastly in every respect :) NO SKIRTS!!!