The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dropping in a VVTi lump

jevansio

Just wanted to check if there are any issues with me buying a VVTi lump to replace my knackered engine.

I'll only be using the block & head (not inlet manifold or turbo side).

Just wanted to make sure my inlet & exhaust would bolt up with no issues. Also if I just stick with the stock cams that can the "VVTiness" be controlled via my current AEM (or is there a VVTi AEM).

Any other problems with swapping over some of my non-vvti parts ie any problems with any of the ancilarries or gearbox/clutch/flywheel bolting up.

Just wanted to check if there are any issues with me buying a VVTi lump to replace my knackered engine.

I'll only be using the block & head (not inlet manifold or turbo side).

Just wanted to make sure my inlet & exhaust would bolt up with no issues. Also if I just stick with the stock cams that can the "VVTiness" be controlled via my current AEM (or is there a VVTi AEM).

Any other problems with swapping over some of my non-vvti parts ie any problems with any of the ancilarries or gearbox/clutch/flywheel bolting up.

The AEM won't do your VVTi control, I don't think. But that aside, I don't see why not? You can have the VVTi "locked" into the high rpm range.

The DBW will be sacrificed as part of your inlet setup too, so it's just down to losing the VVTi control. Unless you upgrade to Syvecs as well!?

Cheers guys,

It was all based around the fact that it opens up more engine opportunitites to buy (and potentially lower mileage ones too).

Thanks for all the input though, I'm collectiung all this info so I can make the best decision when I decide what to do with the car :)

• 1 month later...