The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saying hello and looking for a Supra TT Uk Model ( Insurance lol )

Guest renel240

Guest renel240

Hiya

thought id say hello, glad to be a part of this forum.

Im looking for a MKIV Supra TT Manual Uk Model because of insurance on the imports, so if anybody has one for sale or knows where to find one please let me know.

Thanks in advance, Elliot

Guest renel240

i was considering a NA but i just cant get away from the power of a TT, and im aware that you cant install turbo's on a NA because of compression or something, im very new to all this and have been reading as much as i can to get knowledge

i was considering a NA but i just cant get away from the power of a TT, and im aware that you cant install turbo's on a NA because of compression or something, im very new to all this and have been reading as much as i can to get knowledge

ahh....nope, not true. You can install a turbo to a NA- its called NA-T.

I'd suggest to spend a few weeks reading up on the supra, members projects, etc and then decide what you want before taking the plunge.

I'd recommend this forum as the first port of call for purchasing a car as you can - usually - read up on it's history through member posts and suchlike.

You'll also be more inclined to find one here that hasn't been ruined by some numpty :lol:

Welcome, by the way.

Guest renel240

yeah thats why i have signed up for this forum and i will be subscribing, is it an easy install from a NA to NA-T and could it be more cost efficient because UK TT cost in the region of 9K

Guest renel240

i thank you all for your help and extremely quick responses :) and im definately going to be getting a supra just a question now of which one, as im used to a Ford Probe 24v ( lol ) im sure NA or TT will put a smile on my face

Guest Maxsharpshooter

Hi, im also new. Im in the same boat as renel. Supra is my dream Japanese car, looking to buy one in 2 months time. I have been looking at insurance prices for UK and import models and sometimes the import comes up cheaper :s

Any tips on who to insure with?

Guest renel240

its really strange because i have been doing quotes with admiral multi-car with my Fiance, her 206 (pfhh lol) and a UK TT and the supra is only 800 for the year and im only 22 but for an import they want 1600 which still isnt bad for my age but thats why im looking for a UK preferably

Guest Maxsharpshooter

Admiral seems to come up best for me too. Im only 20 but putting 2 x50ish year old named drivers brings it down by about a third.

Im probably looking to get a loan and spend a few more grand to get a UK spec car. Bigger brakes, glass headlights, leather and less worries about its past. Like you I'd still want a TT as it seems alot of N/A owners are selling up to get a TT. Dont get me wrong about the N/A though, both seem to be brilliant cars!

Guest Maxsharpshooter

If I were 2 months further down my training pipe line Id say yes, but as it is I have a big pass or fail assesment coming up that my job will depend on. So long as I pass I will be getting a Supra, but i cant take the risk at the moment with a 15% failure rate. Cheers though, if it is around in 2 months time id be very interested, especially with someone who can vouch for it's condition.

Gtg

Hi there

Im quite new to this forum to but i will say its been very useful in helping me find out all i needed to know about the right type of supra to go for.

I paid the £10, had a look in the classifieds and am now planning to look at a supra on monday! Excited to say the least:woot: Iv looked back through the sellers posts and it turns out hes looked after it very well. Now im not so bothered about making the 6 hour trip to see it.

Helpful stuff eh?