The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gasket & Seal questions when replacing head

jevansio

If you could answer these questions I'd appreciate it :)

1. MLS HG, if I'm fitting one to a block which has 86.5 pistons do I need an 87 HG? The old one was Commetic, should I go with this again? Any suppliers you guys know of? How thick (not me the gasket)?

2. Anyone have one of the inlet manifold heat gaskets?

3. Injector orings, my old rings have always been a bit.... well old, where do I find the info on where to get new ones, they fit in over the end of the injector where they fit into the inlet runners. I can take pics tonight to clarify, but it'd be good to know exactly what I need to order (and where from). I'm not sure if it makes a difference but my injectors aren't US domestic ones (mine are Jap style I think for the HKS rail). As they Greddy inlet uses stock runners does that mean fitment head side should be same as stock?

On point 3, the manual says to replace the o-rings every time the injectors are changed (though probably overkill). They are about £20 from Toyota for a set.

However, I think you're asking about the insulators, not the o-rings. They are very cheap. Toyota or Whifbitz would be your best bet. They are the same on the Jspec and Export spec cars, but if you're using the stock runner they will be the same as stock.

When you say inlet manifold gasket Jay, do you mean the one between the head and lower runners or the one between the intake manifold and lower runners? I have a feeling dandan is the only guy running the latter of the two. However quite a few guys use the head to lower manifold gasket with good results. Infact I'm in the process of fitting one myself :)

These pics are just for Smarty to clarify which seal I want :)

Just so I know, do the OEM injectors fit like the aftermarket ones? ie injectors into runners, than rail over the injectors?

Does the seal I'm looking for look like a Toyota item or would I get it from Precision?

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg