The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Please Check Your Tyre Pressure Guys!!!!

Geo

I took the car for a few Spirited Drives today since the weather was sunny and we've got dry roads up here.

Well lets just say i had a few scary moments with back end all over the place on full boost, New Pants Please. :D

I thought what the F u k is going on here?? I then thought i'll check the tyre pressure, Results below.

Driver Rear = 22psi

Passenger Rear = 38psi

Fronts = 34psi

this made a huge difference to the grip and the back end going all over the place. So im now running 34psi all round, :D

Guys please check your Tyre Pressure

Take it the back is healing nicely then bud!! :D

Good advice, could have ended badly that.

Yeah back is healing nicely mate, few days where im sore but thats understandable with the trauma of the surgery iv had. :)

Yeah the car was all over the place, she just didnt feel right until i sorted the tyre pressure. :D

I took the car for a few Spirited Drives today since the weather was sunny and we've got dry roads up here.

Well lets just say i had a few scary moments with back end all over the place on full boost, New Pants Please. :D

I thought what the F u k is going on here?? I then thought i'll check the tyre pressure, Results below.

Driver Rear = 22psi

Passenger Rear = 38psi

Fronts = 34psi

this made a huge difference to the grip and the back end going all over the place. So im now running 34psi all round, :D

Guys please check your Tyre Pressure

Take it you got the car back safely from your best mate then bud , Hope it impressed as much as he wanted .

He didn't drive over any nails or anything did he . :p

Take it you got the car back safely from your best mate then bud , Hope it impressed as much as he wanted .

He didn't drive over any nails or anything did he . :p

back safe and sound, although he did mention its really fookin scary to drive, hehe.

Now i can put on my new wheels, woohoo!!

Really does make a massive difference, I have mine at 34 and feels so much smoother but as soon as they drop to 32 or something feels like im constantly driving over speed bumbs and pot holes...although in this country I probably am!

Driving around Manchester? That'll be the constant pot-holes.

I can see why people use 4x4s everywhere now.

I had a high speed blowout in my UK spec on the outskirts of Paris, probably caused by an unknown crack in one of my wheels. Ever since then I check my tyre pressures very regularly.

I ran my old UK spec auto at 34 front and rear to start with, then 34 front and 32 rear as it felt far more planted coming out of tight bends fast. It was on 19" wheels with Toyo T1Rs.

I always ran my single at 32 all round on Toyo R888s on 18" wheels and that was perfect, eeven quite reasonable in the rain.

That's bizarre!

Yesterday, whilst crossing a runway :blink: - I bent down to pick my ipod off the floor, lifting a hand off the wheel for a split second (I know, I know!) whilst my other was just on the wheel but not really doing anything, letting the car do what it wanted whilst I was coasting, and noticed the car was pulling to the left. Quite a lot as well. Turns out my passenger side front was well down. To be fair, I hadn't checked pressures for a good while. All sorted now though! Good job too, I don't really fancy changing my practically new Ecsta's for a while yet...!

Then all of a sudden there's a thread. Weird! :D

Edit: Come to think of it, I don't really know what the 'ideal' pressure is for my tyres. :blink: :search:

I thought it was recommended that tire pressures are checked weekly as a minimum.

Probably.

Infact, I used to do it pretty much every week, but I've slacked on that since I got back from my xmas hols. Very stupid - not like it's for my safety or anything, or that i'm driving a 300+ bhp RWD car... oh wait... :taped:

A sticky tyre pressure thread in tech? PSI/size/location ? and maybe suspension type?

PSI varies according to taste.

Size will be whatever tyre you fitted - that tends not to change much apart from a few mm as it wears.

Location is one on each corner. If you find this isn't the case, tyre pressures are the least of your concerns.