The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi there

Guest essexdon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest essexdon

Im giving it some thought, he is asking £3800 for it thou, not sure if that is a good price? Trying to convince him to keep it.

Tbh I was disappointed by the speed and accelaration of the sup, the VTS pulls away from it fairly easy and throw in some corners and it's game over.

Edited by essexdon (see edit history)

Im giving it some thought, he is asking £3800 for it thou, not sure if that is a good price? Trying to convince him to keep it.

Tbh I was disappointed by the speed and accelaration of the sup, the VTS pulls away from it fairly easy and throw in some corners and it's game over.

If it was a TT then it would be a completely different story :D

Until about 20mph, if the Saxslow is still pulling away then that Supra is shagged, it's an N/A anyway so it's not really a quick car(my first N/A's are slow comment :sly: :D)

Guest essexdon

They are different cars to compare, and a TT supra is a whole different ball game. But for the money he is asking Im not sure it's a great deal, even thou I'm his son? Lol plus what modifications do people do to the N/A Supra? What power are they running standard?

Has any member on here driven a VTS/106 GTi?

Well tbh prob stick with the saxo, get past the silly boys and you will find the VTS a very capable little car. The one in the pics is running 150bhp at the mo with various breathing mods, spaxs adjustables and toyo t1rs. Future mods, really need a standalone ecu omex 600 and a decent map, up graded cams and further down the line throttle bodies such as jenveys. All in all should add up to 180+ in a car weighing less than 900kg. Great power to weight rato.

Id be worried if a saxo was beating a Supra, even an NA - surely a 3.0 should whoop a lil saxo ! Well done all the same lol. Saxo's aren't bad lil cars despite being ffffffrench ! The C2 replacement sucks and our 206cc is shocking but my Max Power days of the past showed me alot of these that were quite good.

Is that The Camelot car park in Hainault I see in those pix - or Miller And Carter as it is now

Guest essexdon

Lol saxslow ohh the whit! Of course any car that gets "owned" must be shagged?

Anyway I'm just saying I expected more from the car, the supra is running perfect too.

They are different cars to compare, and a TT supra is a whole different ball game. But for the money he is asking Im not sure it's a great deal, even thou I'm his son? Lol plus what modifications do people do to the N/A Supra? What power are they running standard?

Has any member on here driven a VTS/106 GTi?

Well tbh prob stick with the saxo, get past the silly boys and you will find the VTS a very capable little car. The one in the pics is running 150bhp at the mo with various breathing mods, spaxs adjustables and toyo t1rs. Future mods, really need a standalone ecu omex 600 and a decent map, up graded cams and further down the line throttle bodies such as jenveys. All in all should add up to 180+ in a car weighing less than 900kg. Great power to weight rato.

I've had 2 306's HDI and XSi, driven a couple of 106 GTi's they were okay, hated the torsion bar though and was waiting for a nice powerband until I realised I'd run out of rev's, so as my winter runaround I've now got a '99 Civic EM1, amazing handling and brilliant fun once your in Vtec, It's quicker than an N/A and a lot of other cars on the road and a piece of p1ss to extract more power from, I'd sell the Saxslow and go get a civic with a B series lump if I were you.

Guest essexdon

No none ofthe pics are from hainualt my friend. I think the dark saxo one is in Southend that's about it. That's what I thought any 3.0 car should not have any problem with a little frenchie? Its auto aswell so that can't have helped.

The C2 is to bogged down with extra weight to be considered quick, it still uses the same TU16 engine in the VTS but with and extra 150kg! Just go for an RS Clio if you want French kicks these days.

Guest essexdon
I've had 2 306's HDI and XSi, driven a couple of 106 GTi's they were okay, hated the torsion bar though and was waiting for a nice powerband until I realised I'd run out of rev's, so as my winter runaround I've now got a '99 Civic EM1, amazing handling and brilliant fun once your in Vtec, It's quicker than an N/A and a lot of other cars on the road and a piece of p1ss to extract more power from, I'd sell the Saxslow and go get a civic with a B series lump if I were you.

The 106's you have driven were they on the standard shocks when you drove them? They tend to suffer from the "french shake" at the rear when you get past a tone.

The 106's you have driven were they on the standard shocks when you drove them? They tend to suffer from the "french shake" at the rear when you get past a tone.

Yup, they were both bog standard 106's, in all fairness my old XSi was dropped to the floor on GTi6 rims and that handled brilliantly but it took about £2.5k's worth of parts and tuning from me just for the suspension set up, it was an ace car though and was basically a nicely modded GTi6 once completed but it was constantly blowing head gaskets, slipping on the torsion bar, ignition problems and the list goes on, when it worked I loved it, but that was rare, whereas the Civic has never let me down once, has 160bhp out of the box(now running much healthier figures) handles brilliantly, the only problem is it's a bit loud(I wear earplugs for journeys over 20 minites :D).

Guest essexdon

thanks guys, anyway away from the saxo.

if i do buy the supra are there regular meets, (essex/south east)?

also what mods work well for a n/a 3.0? it has not been on a dyno since he had it but what should i be expecting?

thanks guys, anyway away from the saxo.

if i do buy the supra are there regular meets, (essex/south east)?

also what mods work well for a n/a 3.0? it has not been on a dyno since he had it but what should i be expecting?

Not alot of mods you can do for an NA that will give you any significant power gain, however you can do alot to make it look better. You could NA-T it or drop a TT lump into it - which is proberly cheaper than NA-T.

You would proberly be looking at around 200bhp standard i should imagine :)

Meets are good fun and im sure there will be a few around you, its a good way of getting to know the physcos that are on this forum :taped: