The mkiv Supra Owners Club

t04r supra

Guest daz 6576

Never seen an HKS T04R that looks like that, they normally have a stamped compressor housing. It also doesn't look anything like the ones XS power supply, so can pretty much rule that out.

Any further info on it? Where did you get the turbo from?

Edit - btw, the breater from the exhaust cam cover is pointing upwards, it should be level or pointing down towards the intake to ensure the one way valve doesn't get blocked up.

Garrett do make a T04r.

Yeah, you're right, was just about to post up after some googling :D

The Garret T04r is a 67mm turbine and 84mm compressor turbo with a divided housing from what I can find. Quite large, so will be a later spooler, but should make very good power.

Is that beacuse it's still in one piece? :D

More like it's not in the bin already :D And no way their eqv. turbo's will make 530bhp without a lot of boost.

Phill's aristo made 530bhp (mapped by ryan at srr) on a full xs power kit couple years back, not that id recommend it but its still going well i hear.

No idea who Phil is, but I'd have thought that would be the XS "T70" turbo they used to do (T65 eqv), it's the only one that has any chance of power unless it's the big diesel dinosaur one. Either way, there's much better turbo choices out there. The T70 was speced for a 4.0 diesel IIRC.

Sorry for the off topic!

Guest daz 6576

im not sure where the turbo was bought from because the person who built the engine ordered it for me, brand new. as for the spool on it, it kicks in just before 4k. and it goes like stink so im happy with the build. its been hard work making it into what it is now. its capable of alot more power but my auto box limits it unfortunately. its running 1.4 bar at the moment and seems to be fine at that boost level.

sorry forgot to put this in, it was making about 530 bhp at 1.3 bar

now it is 1.4 bar so not sure of the output at the moment

Edited by daz 6576 (see edit history)

im not sure where the turbo was bought from because the person who built the engine ordered it for me, brand new. as for the spool on it, it kicks in just before 4k. and it goes like stink so im happy with the build. its been hard work making it into what it is now. its capable of alot more power but my auto box limits it unfortunately. its running 1.4 bar at the moment and seems to be fine at that boost level.

sorry forgot to put this in, it was making about 530 bhp at 1.3 bar

now it is 1.4 bar so not sure of the output at the moment

I hope you've got some trans oil coolers in there then...?