The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fully BPU'd ???

Paul R

Hi,

I finally got the last and remaining Cat off today!! woohoo!!

I picked it up from CW's today and drove it back. It has definately made a big difference. There is almost no lag from the first/second turbo and it pulls much much stronger. It only made 1.0 bar in the day though (when it was hot) and about 1.1 bar when it was a bit cooler. Is this normal? I was hoping for 1.2 bar?? I have cheap NGK plugs with a gap of 0.8mm at the moment. Will I see an increase if I get some colder grade plugs in there?

So what does that make my car? as in BPU or BPU+??

It has,

HKS type S Intercooler

GReady Oil Cooler

K&N induction kit

Both cats out and an FCD

RSR exhaust

HKS SSQV

Possibly hybrids but We arent sure on that one! - dunno how to find out!

Paul.

Originally posted by baldy

u dont list a fuel pump!

im running 1.45 bar boost,but have walboro pump & fse valve,&still on 440's

Paul - have a check in your petrol tank and see what pump you have there

I am sure that the fuelling really contributed to the downfall of my turbos due to lean running at higher boosts and increased EGT's as a result

I have the FSE and pumps here!

Originally posted by Syed Shah

What were your AFRs when you got your car tested at THOR Paul?

Which paul m8

Me Paul or him Paul ?

Thor - stock turbos October - Before mine blew the EGT's were mega high - sometimes over 1000 - the AFR's weren't too bad - but no real chance to check before 'BANG'

Now - AFR actually slightly rich - whayyy too much fuel from pump / FSe and 550's with Hybrid turbos

EGT's now max to 950 at full WOT load - before dropping back - normal cruising at 800 - so I'm please with that and hybrids

:thumbs:

Yep you, too many Pauls :p

Thanks for the reply, was just curious to how under-fuelled the J-specs are at high boost, knowing the UKs run rather rich on the top-end. Thats the problem with high-boost on stockers, not just the risk of blowing them (as thankfully you did), but of the extreme EGTs. Of course both together is a really bad recipe. :eek:

Originally posted by baldy

u dont list a fuel pump!

im running 1.45 bar boost,but have walboro pump & fse valve,&still on 440's

How do you get the boost upto 1.45 bar of boost? Mine is actually only sitting at 1 bar boost. Does the restrictor need to come out?

Paul.

Originally posted by Paul E

Paul - have a check in your petrol tank and see what pump you have there

I am sure that the fuelling really contributed to the downfall of my turbos due to lean running at higher boosts and increased EGT's as a result

I have the FSE and pumps here!

How do I get into the petrol tank?? I'm too big to fit in the hole! :D

seriously....how do I check?

Paul.

Originally posted by scooby_doo_do

Sounds good Paul....... What time did you pick it up ? Was going to go tho the Bhurtpore inn for some beers, but the cab from the swan wanted £25 each way! So in the end we just stayed in the swan....

See the BMW outside :p

I didnt pick it up until about 5:30.

I saw the beamer yes. Didnt it break down on the way up here?? :)

Paul.

If you want extreme boost, remove the restrictor, but be warned that sort of boost is bad news for the turbos and engine. Or get a EBC/bleed valve and up it to the safe max of 1.2bar.

To get to fuel pump, remove spare in boot, and take off the six bolts holding the plate beneath it. Under this is the top of the tank, lift out the big circular lid and out comes the pump with it.

Originally posted by Syed Shah

If you want extreme boost, remove the restrictor, but be warned that sort of boost is bad news for the turbos and engine. Or get a EBC/bleed valve and up it to the safe max of 1.2bar.

To get to fuel pump, remove spare in boot, and take off the six bolts holding the plate beneath it. Under this is the top of the tank, lift out the big circular lid and out comes the pump with it.

Hiya,

Sorry, I dont understand. I was under the impression that you could not fit a bleed valve to a J-spec? If I can fit a bleed valve then what was the point of taking the cat out and putting a restrictor ring in?

Paul.

Lol.... Yep the BMW broke down as i found a lose wire on the battery (Which was the main cable from the fuse box) and this in turn made everything on the car stop when it came lose.... Quite scary on the m25 in the middle lane !

But we drifted it to the side and eventually found the problem and its been fine ever since..Being that it hasn't moved for a year it didn't do all that bad.

I had a look round your car yesterday though,,,, I love the wheels...

I'm using a manual boost controller to up the boost on my car since i was only hitting 0.7 bar with all the stuff its had done. Now its on 1.2/1.3....

Craig.

Originally posted by Paul R

How do I get into the petrol tank?? I'm too big to fit in the hole! :D

seriously....how do I check?

Paul.

Check out Syeds instructions - just be prepared for some petrol leakage - safety precautions etc

The black cover is a bitch to get of and you will prob have to tap round with hammer and 'blunt' chisel type implement

Check out the two arrows marry up before and after!

Cheers

Paul