The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help, coil connectors disintergrating

loks

I know I'm not alone here but everytime I touch one of them damn coil connectors now, it just falls apart :(

Had the plugs changed the other day and came away from the garage running pretty OK but when WOT it only felt that it was running on 3 cylinders.

Cover off and some technical 'jiggling' around and it was definitely bad connection due to knackered out connector pieces. Some bandaids (cable ties) were fitted and we're up and running, although for how long who knows?

1. Anyone know of a source of these connectors now? I remember someone got some from the States before.

2. Anyone got any idea how much a whole new loom and these connectors would be from Toyota. Part numbers and a handy little part diagram would be very much appreciated also.

Cheers for any help guys.

Here's a dodgy piccie showing one of the connectors I'm talking about.

dg-may04-coil-conn1x.jpg

Originally posted by loks

I shall try Terry S, Toyota and Jaymarks a little later today.

Best leave it til tomorrow........ they'll be shut now:baa:

Edit... just realised where you are..... ignore the poor attempt at humour:stupid:

Right O, I have contacted Toyota here in Hong Kong and they have no stock here but they can get from Japan within about 2 weeks.

Price is HK$66 each (GBP4.79 w/today's exchange rate). What can you get them for in the UK?

I have ordered 6 for now just to see if they are correct and easy to fit. I will get a decent lecky to do this bit.

If you like the price I can a group buy together and maybe ship to a central location in the UK. As they are very light and as long as it's not too many (shipping duties/customs etc.) I will bear the shipping cost but you will have to sort out logistics your end. How's that sound?

As of now we have:

Paul E - 18pcs

Lovatt - 4pcs

Jake - 6pcs

Any more?

I'm not an agent by the way and this would probably be a one off exercise. But if anyone needs more information from this side of the world I'm more than willing to help.

Oh and yeah Paul E check out the dash copycat thread I will post shortly.