The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Laptop(Serial Port) AEM Connecting, USB > Serial

Geo

Right,

Im trying to connect to my AEM with a USB > Serial cable, i get so far but the ECU still says offline, and i get a QUERYING message as if its trying to connect but nowt happens. Spoke with Ryan, and he said this is the problem with the USB > Serial cables.

Just wondering if there is anything to do, or do i need to Borrow i laptop with a Serial port on it for a weekend??

My laptop is a notebook, and running Basic Vista.

Cheers guys

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2657279&postcount=39

;)

Although i have never had a problem with connecting to RLTC, emanage or Apexi PFC. That was running Vista with a cheapo USB lead. I had to change some of the settings in the USB/serial properties but it worked fine.

Edited by Steve (see edit history)

I had the same problem with this when I tried to connect my laptop to the AEM the first time.

First: make sure the software from you serial-USB cable is installed.

Second: When connecting the laptop to the AEM, choose a serial port (your computer will recognize what USB port will be converted to the serial port).

Third: start the AEM software and in the connection menu, you have to choose serial port.

Fourth: Push the connect to ECU button.

This should work. It took me almost an hour to get it done the first time.

Good luck

Luc

Right so i tried a another USB > Serial cable on my Vista laptop, got connected but within 2 secs off getting the ECU online, it crashed my laptop, by doing a screen dump, and restarting.

i connected the same cable to a laptop running XP, and it worked a treat, next up was taking the car for a spin to gather some Data, i had IanW at the Helm, and me trying to figure out the data logging 101, while he nailed the car, not an east feet i might add.

Still cant get the data to save properly, so will phone Ryan tomorrow and he can talk me through it. :D