The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra - First weekend

TrevS

Hi All

Well just over a week ago I decided to buy another Supra (this is my third one). After some initial teething problems with a sticky brake piston I finally got the car back yesterday complete with new front caliper, discs and pads and I have to say I am one very happy driver again.

The car is a 98 NA in quicksilver and is absolutely mint and really doesn't look like a 12 year old car. I've already had a lot of postive comments about the car and particularly about the colour. I've owned gunmetal grey and RSP supras previously and I have to say quicksilver is far a nicer colour than the gunmetal IMO. Gunmetal looks great in low lights but on a sunny day it tends to go gold where quicksilver changes to a bright silver which looks great.

So far I've just painted the calipers and hubs and given the car a very good clean, clay and wax and its looking rather nice.

Trev

Very nice looking car mate!was the one I was looking at the time I bought mine it does look lovely. When jonathan was selling it so cheap I was so tempted to sell mine to get it but having the aerotop model kept pulling me back lol(even though will probably get to have the roof of 2 days of the year)!

very nice, wheels look great too, have you got any plans for it or is it staying stock?

Only plans at the moment are to possibly fit an active spoiler and that's about it. I only bought the car as a cheap runaround while I am working on getting my Ford GT40 on the road as I wanted something interesting to drive and with bullet proof reliability. Once my GT40 is finished Ill either sell the car to make some room or possibly have it converted to a TT by someone like Keron.

Trev

Yep, this is a club car. JonathanC was the previous owner, then formatzero before him and DrBlackman before him so I was able to do some research on the car before buying it to see how well the car had been looked after etc, which I am pleased to say was very well :)

Just had a quick look at your website - exciting project! Going to be a squeeze in that garage though as I thought the GT40 was a very wide car. Which package did you go for?

Won't be that much of a squeeze as the width of the GT40 is approx 1800cmm wide so about the same as the Supra. Plus when the chassis arrives it won't have the wheels and bodywork so will be much narrower. It will also be living on a build table with castors to make it easier to work around the garage.

In terms of the car itself I've gone for the basic package to start with and then will keep buying the rest of the car as and when I need it as you don't save any money buying it all in one go. I've also had the chassis specially modified and the floor slightly dropped due to my height (6ft,2") and its being powder coated in satin black.

It's going to be a big and expensive project but I just love the GT40, just awesome cars and so much character, they are a real event. I even turned down an Aston Martin V8 vantage for this project so I am clearly nuts.

Trev

I'd love an Aston but I just don't see them as a replica car, just wouldn't be right (IMO). The GT40 though, especially seeing as its ground up I think will be a stunning project. Wish I had the guts to do something like that and drive it afterwards!

I'd love an Aston but I just don't see them as a replica car, just wouldn't be right (IMO). The GT40 though, especially seeing as its ground up I think will be a stunning project. Wish I had the guts to do something like that and drive it afterwards!

When I say I had the option of an Aston, I meant buying a real Aston v8 vantage as the cost of a second hand one is about what ill be spending on my GT40 :)