The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Reverse Camera Setup

SaqTRD

Hi Guys and Girls!

I brought a JVC DVD headunit of a forum member which got delivered a few days ago. This weekend I decide to install the headunit and was very happy with the result.

Taking it one step further, I decided to make full use of the headunit and decided to hook up a reverse camera. I modified the rear light to fit the camera in as discreetly and professionally as possible. I took the rear light off and stripped it using the old "Stick it in the oven" trick then cut the 20mm keyhole to resize it to house the 28mm camera. It works very well and i've wired it up so that it comes on with when the car is put in reverse but also have a overriding switch that allows for it to be on all the time doubling as a sort of rear view camera.

I've attached pics and a small video.

Lemme know what you guys think!

Saq

:D Done one on mine a while back, i've done a switch as well so it can be on permanently if wanted, just remember you then need an ignition live to it. Like the idea of putting it in the lights but not keen on no boot key just incase, good idea though.

I done mine in the top corner of the number plate incase it was a crap idea, or didn't work very well but it's o.k.

Think it's the same camera as well:d

Edited by pjavon (see edit history)

Hi,

Thanks for all the comments!

I think it works quite well as the camera i have is a reasonable quality one. I wanted it to look as factory fitted as possible thats why i didn't really want to stick it on the number plate.

Touch wood, ive not been stopped for the plates as of yet :D

Saq

Hey Abs!

Next time your up in MK, give us a shout the night before so I can bring the supra in :cool:

Saq

Nice one Saq! Think you might need this when parking up in the Pinnacle!

Went their twice about 3 weeks ago, totally forgot about PM'ing you!