The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hello

Guest 2jzrx7

hello i am new to this forum but i habe have been on supraforums for years now but i seen some 6 speed parts on craigslist in london and wondering if it is a scam. thanks and let me know, drew

that is what i was talking about. i talked to the him and his name is frank doonin but i have no gaurantee that he will ship it to me. he says he is not a scammer but he want me to transfer funds into his bank account. so to me there is no gaurantee of getting any of it so i am basically looking for help. please let me know what else i can do for more info on him

that is what i was talking about. i talked to the him and his name is frank doonin but i have no gaurantee that he will ship it to me. he says he is not a scammer but he want me to transfer funds into his bank account. so to me there is no gaurantee of getting any of it so i am basically looking for help. please let me know what else i can do for more info on him

I emailed him today saying ill take it and collect monday paying cash, no reply yet.

Guest mike-fm
I emailed him today saying ill take it and collect monday paying cash, no reply yet.

hello i em also brand new on this forum

and don't even own a supra!!

but ill ran in to this ad from the same man

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/pts/1563134473.html

and he wants me to send money to his friends bank acount

because he is in divorce !!

so jamie if you have news let me know

thx Mike (from Belgium)

I have also emailed the guy last nite to see if this was a fiddle and he replied earlier saying that this was still available and where abouts am I from. I replied so interested to see if I get a reply back.

Im not interested in buying this but just don't want to see a club member get screwed over!

Well looks like together we will hunt him down:hunter:

I have also emailed the guy last nite to see if this was a fiddle and he replied earlier saying that this was still available and where abouts am I from. I replied so interested to see if I get a reply back.

Im not interested in buying this but just don't want to see a club member get screwed over!

Well looks like together we will hunt him down:hunter:

Has he said where he lives yet?

Has he said where he lives yet?

No he hasnt mentioned that yet, i will wait again for a reply and see what he comes up with. I got the impression from the add that he was based in London area, but could have mis read.

But does certainly seem a bit strange not just with the replies he has been sending but also it just being so cheap?

Still no reply to me saying ill collect from scotland, scam for sure.

I got a reply today see below:

Hi Colin, i'm not from London..i'm from moray scotland

All the bits are included. The gearbox is in very good shape

Regards!

Frank

The only thing is I didn't even mention anything about London, I meerly said that I could pick this up!!!:blink:

Make of this what you will, but is safe to say I would be very suspicious :sly:

Although might even turn out to be legitemate, so whoever does want this approach with caution. My job is done ;)

Guest mike-fm
I got a reply today see below:

Hi Colin, i'm not from London..i'm from moray scotland

All the bits are included. The gearbox is in very good shape

Regards!

Frank

The only thing is I didn't even mention anything about London, I meerly said that I could pick this up!!!:blink:

Make of this what you will, but is safe to say I would be very suspicious :sly:

Although might even turn out to be legitemate, so whoever does want this approach with caution. My job is done ;)

i have ask him to talk on to phone

this was his response:

Mike, if I could talk on the phone would have done it with you but unfortunately I can not. Friday I was operated on maxillary, now I have a braces in mouth and only if I can breathe a few words. doctors told me that 10-15 days after surgery like this this will be the situation.

Another problem...my lawyer just informed me to avoid to use any kind of bank transactions for the moment. I'm in divorce with my wife and my bank account is temporary suspended because we need to make half of everything. If the money arrive in my account i will be forved to share with my ex...and i realy don't want to do that. hope you understand

But this is not a problem, i will contact my partner and i will forward his bank account details so you can do the bank transfer

Regards!

Frank

i have ask him to talk on to phone

this was his response:

Mike, if I could talk on the phone would have done it with you but unfortunately I can not. Friday I was operated on maxillary, now I have a braces in mouth and only if I can breathe a few words. doctors told me that 10-15 days after surgery like this this will be the situation.

Another problem...my lawyer just informed me to avoid to use any kind of bank transactions for the moment. I'm in divorce with my wife and my bank account is temporary suspended because we need to make half of everything. If the money arrive in my account i will be forved to share with my ex...and i realy don't want to do that. hope you understand

But this is not a problem, i will contact my partner and i will forward his bank account details so you can do the bank transfer

Regards!

Frank

LMAO

the guy has no luck, braces that stop him talking and an ex out to steal half his gearbox!