The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just f**ked the engine

jevansio

I dunno, just got the RLTC finished this morn, took the car out to check the speed sensors, then gave it a little push to see the RLTC, it did so I backed off, 10 secs later it sounded like shit, one cylinder down, and clanking like a sod.

I pretty much knew what was wrong straigth away. I drove it 5 mins home (I knew it was prolly fucking the block but I couldn't be arsed at the time)

Here's a vid on the drive, does this sound fubarred?

znOIWNGQ7Xc

Well I guess I'm gonna save for a 3.4 setup.

Just going to pull it into the garage for a bit, can't be arsed to look at it at the mo :(

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch, oooh dear... :(

How have you got the RLTC wired in, it has been a while since I've even looked at RLTC wiring, is it spark or fuel inhibit?

I know :D, it cuts the fuel Gav,

No way j :(

After all that work i cant believe it

Gutted for you

On the bright side the tapping does have a good beat to it :D (Sorry i shouldnt joke bout such things)

Yeah, bit gutted about it TBH,

Not good mate. You going to strip it, and see what damage has been done??

I suppose, gonna let it cool off first. I guess I'm going to get some exprerienc pulling an engine apart anyway :D

$h1t mate not good! sorry for your misfortune but as you said you can save for a 3.4 set up now so look on the bright side!

It's either that or shove a stock engine in (which would get me on the road quicker)

A friend locally has an engine builder who said he has a 3.4 2JZ block sat fully built in his workshop. This was a few months ago though, don't know if he's still got it and my friend is in Egypt until Friday, I get back from the states on Saturday. Did you want me to enquire for you chap?

Cheers for the offer Caseys, I guess you could enquire, but TBH I'm not ready to plow a load of money into it again just yet, I want to get some money saved up, I have a feeling that this will have the car sat for a year now,

Well I'll enquire. Last I knew 3 months ago it was already sat dormant for 6 months, was built for a customer who then f***ed off and didn't pay.

If it's still around I'll drop you a PM, he wanted a very very reasonable price for a 3.4 stroked engine, tbh I wanted it myself but with baby on the way it's a luxury I just can't justify.

Sorry to hear this Jay, I am all to aware of the feeling and the want to push it into a corner and take stock for a while, you had it almost perfect IMO, as you know it is one of my fav cars on here, hope you get it sorted, I would stick with a good stock engine, forget a rebuild, they yake forever and cost a fortune and dont always give reliability

Would be very interested in seeing what went wrong inside as it has not been built that long has it ?

Well I'll enquire. Last I knew 3 months ago it was already sat dormant for 6 months, was built for a customer who then f***ed off and didn't pay.

If it's still around I'll drop you a PM, he wanted a very very reasonable price for a 3.4 stroked engine, tbh I wanted it myself but with baby on the way it's a luxury I just can't justify.

Many thanks Caseys :thumbs:

Annoying that this kinda stuff happens to decent people.

My car is still a mystery as to why the oil seal blew, why the turbo bearings failed and why the fuelling wasn't up to being mapped over 1.1 bar (iirc)

hope its a simple enough fix Jay.

Cheers Rob, I'm feeling your pain now :D

Real shitty luck Jay but don't dismay til you know for definite its terminal.

Then if it is stick a fresh 2JZ-GE in her, forget all this power nonsense, reliability is KING!

I'm doing a compression test now to see what that brings, then prolly the head off

Really gutted for you jay:(

On the other hand..........a 3.4 :drool:

Cheers bud

Sorry to hear this Jay, I am all to aware of the feeling and the want to push it into a corner and take stock for a while, you had it almost perfect IMO, as you know it is one of my fav cars on here, hope you get it sorted, I would stick with a good stock engine, forget a rebuild, they yake forever and cost a fortune and dont always give reliability

Would be very interested in seeing what went wrong inside as it has not been built that long has it ?

Cheer Dean, appreciate it bud, with what Jamie is doing on a stock block maybe a low mile TT engine with 264's is the way forward, I'll see what my finances say (& see what my fiance says :D)