The mkiv Supra Owners Club

chrome rings dials fit while in situ

tooley

got my chrome ring dials and fitted them all yesterday only problem was on my way home yesterday one of the main rings on the 3 big dials just popped off and so to my question. has anyone tried to fit the rings while the clocks are still in place or am i just being lazy in trying to do so

got my chrome ring dials and fitted them all yesterday only problem was on my way home yesterday one of the main rings on the 3 big dials just popped off and so to my question. has anyone tried to fit the rings while the clocks are still in place or am i just being lazy in trying to do so

yeah i fitted all mine with dash in situ mate - it was a royal pain in the 'arris - you need to bend the back piece out a bit so the fit is really tight - mine havent come out since ;)

its odd as all the others went on no problem with just that one and the clock one being a little picky ill get the pen and roll it out a little more and hope i dont pop the others off while putting it back on

my main issue was the speedo large ring - that took about 4 attemps of bending the back bit round more and more - keep trying fella its well worht it, this was my end result .... :)

I bought a set of these a few months back. Also had one of the large rings pop out a couple of days after fitting. Bit of pen adjustment and all has been great since:). I did have loads of problems with the Clock one though, not sure if I was just unlucky but ended up having to cut part of the lip off so it would fit!!! They look nice though.