The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance quote - mods?

merckx

Hi

Just got an insurance quote through Elephant for a J spec TT.(This is my first Supra which I will be picking up tomorrow)

It is £1038 for a ten month policy and is £100 more because it doesn't have the standard alloys.

I don't know if I should tell them about the different front bumper and the side skirts.

Do you think it will cost much more?

Cheers:music:

Originally posted by merckx

I don't know if I should tell them about the different front bumper and the side skirts.

There's not much point having insurance if you aren't going to declare obvious things. They'll only refuse to pay you out if you have a claim.

What skirts are they? If they are the optional Toyota ones you don't need to declare them as they could have been on the car from new

Yes you bloody did! lol

No I pick mine up at the weekend. She's in getting a bodykit and alloys at the mo.

Didn't u used to have a silver supra? Was that you driving RIGHT up my hoop in my Cali turbo.... you know when I CLEARLY dropped my arse hahahaha

Yeah I'm still at the same address mate.

What you done to yours? How long you had it? Last I knew you were in Max Power with your Saxo!

Yeah i used to have a silver one, i think it might of been me behind you, allthough i didn't know you had a turbo one, thought it was the 16v......canny those turbo ones :)

I've had this one since October last year, this ones a UK spec TT manual so i had to go for it as the last one was a non turbo, still very quick but nothing compared to a TT. It has 19" alloys, Veilside skirts & spats and a TRD spoiler. The engines what i'm concentrating on at the moment, trying to get that looking nice :)

What colour is yours, which bodykit you going for? Should be nice! Theres allways meetups around Newcastle so you'll have to come to the next one?

and if you want to spend some money on mods, go to http://www.envyperformance.com as they are the best around Newcastle, there based in Morpeth.

Paul :thumbs:

CRIKEY you've been busy!

I hate two calibra. The purple one was non turbo and STUPIDLY reliable... I bought a turbo and it cost me 7k in 5 weeks and blew 2 engines. Easy come easy go eh lol

Not seen the blue one yet. I'll have to check it out.

As for mine... f*&k knows! I know the base model I'm getting and a rought idea of the kit so I'll post a pic when I pick it up. I'm sick of scabby Vauxhalls. Insurance on the TT is costing me £50 more than what I was paying TPF&T on my cali turbo!!!!

When's the next meet then fella? Have to get myself there.

As for mods, a company down south wants to sponsor me but I'm not having some bloody big Nova style graphics across the motor! Where in Morpeth is it? You go there often (and no that aint a crap gay chat up line!)?