The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another freakin tyre thread!

Kirk

Ok i need to put this to bed now as im sick of going over it with myself over and over! :D

My rear wheels are 17" and 10" wide

Heres a quick pic (not like its much help)

What i want to know is will a 255 tyre fit them ok or will it be to much of a stretch?? :shrug:

Yes i know it would be easier to just go 265 BUT 255s have a wider choice of tyres to choose from. Only get 3 options with the 265s, cheapish, midrange or expensive!

just put the 275's on and stop being a girl. You have been out in mine with 285's on the rear and it handls just perfect on track.

Granted on the road it pulls around a bit.

YES BUT YOURS HAS A SINGLE TURBO!

If a 255 will fit then once my 275s are cooked ill get them instead plus i want decent 255s for road use as theres more choice than 265s.

You know me, im rather fussy over things like this :D

Clearly you havnt used 285 r888s driving home in the wet then :D

I'm thinking now of going 225/45s for the front and 255/40s in the rear, providing the tyres will play ball. Should be good for handling and with good rubber it should grip well!

Opinions anyone?

Those fronts are smaller than stock, it should be 235/45/17

I know there 1 size smaller than stock but surely it shouldnt be an issue and make to much difference :shrug: Its only a CM smaller that the TT plus my cars only an NA anyway. Whole reason being is camskill dont have the same 235 tire upfront but have them in 225 and 255s.

I may just experiment and see how it goes, 3 series BMW's run the same setup and they dont have problems so i dont see why i should.

These arnt stock supra wheels by the way and the fronts are 8" with rears being 10"

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)