The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do Supras Still Have This Effect On People?

hadyn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the search for a nice classic project at the moment and one garage I went to last weekend had the owners dad helping out, he followed me around as I looked over MGB's and TR6's etc, every single car I looked at he had some wild story for or crazy power figures, I was embarressed for him, so much so I just let it go

We got the a very nice MGB 6 cylinder that had seen some mild tuning at best only to tell me it was running 500 BHP, I kid you not :D

On speaking to the owner (his son) later he was a very nice level headed chap, I felt he had no idea what his dad was doing, shame as he was doing him no favours at all

It goes from harmless to downright criminal what some car salesmen will tell you !

Received this from the seller, a min ago.

Question: Hi im interested in the car, just wondering what chip the gearbox is running??

Answer: ''This is a good quesion to which I have not got the answer. The previous keeper said he did it but I have no receipt. I have driven countless twin turbos. And this one has the best gearchange. In the others u had to wait for the power not in this. ''

:blink:

Received this from the seller, a min ago.

Question: Hi im interested in the car, just wondering what chip the gearbox is running??

Answer: ''This is a good quesion to which I have not got the answer. The previous keeper said he did it but I have no receipt. I have driven countless twin turbos. And this one has the best gearchange. In the others u had to wait for the power not in this. ''

:blink:

Maybe he had the doofus timer removed and replaced with the pelican dongal ?

Um,

'ANY TEST DRIVE IN THE CAR YOU MUST PAY FOR THE CAR FIRST.'

haha :D

Would this 'test drive' then just be ........ the drive home.........whereby you'd find your chipped gearbox in pieces on your driveway?

If you made it home alive, because the thing is advertised to kill you!