The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone painted their Supra Goodwood Green?

jevansio

I was just browsing the MR2 forum & came across this beauty of a colour:

attachment.php?attachmentid=104553&stc=1&d=1265095891

attachment.php?attachmentid=104554&stc=1&d=1265095891

It looks alomst black, yet has a green fleck when hit by the sun. It's a stock Toyota colour, has anyone ever done their Supra in this colour?

Also if anyone has seen one in person, are they as black as the pic makes out, or are they quite green even in the shade? I'm not sure if it would be one of those decisions where if I got it done 6 months later I would be saying "I wish it was black" :D

Photo018.jpg

4.jpg

Yeah I think it would work well on a Supra too (what with it's nice curves and all). Just not sure if I have the balls to move away from tried & tested black :D.

be a man! go for it,

i was unsure about a colour change but, im glad i did.

just make sure it's done properly if you go for it,there are so many bad repaints out there which to me devalue the car.

If its done right it wont affect resale if it ever comes to that

Some days I actually miss the absolute black of the non metallic supra.

I spent a good few sessions pawing through all the swatches, and I could never find a green that was dark or lustrous enough for my liking.

If you can find one then all good.. I couldn't :-(

it took me months to decide.. ha ha

i would think very hard about it too if i was you, black takes alot of beating when its all polished up plus i think the green isnt all that of a colour but thats my opinion the others seem to like it though.

there are some real nice colours similar to that in colour chips we have at work, if you have a local paintshop see if they will let you flick through there colour chips, might think you like the colour or find a better one.

Black can't be beat visually in my opinion. Nearly everyone has black, wants black or sprays black though so it would be better to do something a little bit different. Basically its almost like picking the right colour and being different adds up to being better than black.

I think that would look excellent on the supra, would be either unique or one of very few.

Think that colour looks quite nice actually! Go for it and be different!

I remember when I went to respray the EG Civic 7 years ago & I decided to be different & spray it Orange. An I think I kicked off a trend, now you see loads of people who have sprayed their car orange (Yep Matt H copied me :p).

When I was going to do it, a lot of people said ah just do it black or blue and be on the safe side. Don't think we guys buy the Supra for the safety aspect of it so go for it! :D