The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuse or Something Worse ?

Lee_e

hey guys

Dont know how long this has been like it is but just wanted to know a few things.

basically i have a Sigma alarm on my sup, and its been working fine since i bought the car 8 months ago, now when i press the key fob button on the sigma key thing.. it bleeps like it always has but doesnt activate the central locking anymore.... :blink:

i open the door and the alarm goes off untill i press the button to unlock it. so this proves the alarm is working but the locks are not for some reason.

Is there a fuse that controls the locks ?? if so where abouts and what does it look like ?

All my windows, brake lights and horn are still working.... oh and i can lock it with my key but jesus it seems really stiff to lock it... feels like when the locks are just about frozen and they turn really slow and hard if ya get me...

cheers for any help

Edited by Lee_e (see edit history)

Has your alarm got a valet mode?

Reason being, my lovely little girl decided it would be funny to play with daddy's keys, i got outside the day after to find my car wouldn't lock and arm etc, I tried everything , unplugged the brains for the alarm checked all the sensors for it to see if one had broken, the blue led light on the dash was staying permanetly on instead of the usual flashing, i spent a whole 2 days figuring out why it wasn't arming, decided to search through the documents to get the number for clifford when i spotted the valet sequence, tried it and it worked first time!

Needless to say my keys are always put up from little fingers now! :D

Well.... strangely enough i managed to fix it somehow :)

Tried the old WD40 and de-icer in the key hole routine .... didnt work

So last resort, pulled all the smaller fuses out of engine bay fuse box to check them etc , all fuses fine. then checked under the drivers footwell fuses, all fine.

So thought might aswell lock it and go for a cuppa ...... and low and behold , she locks and unlocks now :)

Not sure how i managed to fix it but she works fine now.

thanks for the advice though.

Ok guys , I thought id fixed it but it seems to have come back again, when i lock the car manually my alarm fob can unluck but cannot lock ?!?!

i fixed it by swapping the fuses over in the drivers footwell fuse box, but now seems it had died again. Do we think i should replace the fuse then go from there?

cant see what ethe problem could be, as i WD40'd and oiled the locks..

cheers for any more help

AHH dam weather, its around 7 degrees down here , so it wouldnt been down to freezing locks..

quite strangely just swapped the fuses back over and it works again ?!?!? does that mean its a intermitent fuse ?

my mate at work thinks the motor is overheating for some reason , so when it over heats it stops it from locking , so taking the fuse out and putting it back in is restarting the system. thats what he thinks anyhow .... he used to work for Honda .. but does talk soooo much shite lol

and yess another cuppa is on the way.. :D

Try to take off drivers side door cover. There is a 3-wire cable going through middle of the door from the front to lock barrel. There is white connector there, disconnect it, clean it and try again.

great bit of info mate, ill try this first thing tommorrow.

it hasnt been COLD cold this week and funny enough it worked perfectly in the freezing cold ?!?!

the fuses in replacing aren't dead , which leads me to believe they are both dodgey (very unlikely) or its something to do with the motor or connector as said.

i swapped the fusses around again tonight and it locked and unlocked perfectly then when i drove home its stopped working again. :(

strange car .. :rolleyes:

any more tips as to what it could be or what i can check ?

cheers again guys