The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More power

Guest sidewaysphoenix

Guest sidewaysphoenix

Hi Guys

Without stating the obvious and buying a TT, is the anything that can be done to the NA to get more go from it?

:search:

On the verge of swapping for a r33 GTST ( dont blast me ) but love the supto much HELP....

Guest sidewaysphoenix

blimey sounds tricky to extract more power from the NA, need to find someone who wants to downgrade ideally i think.... Yeah thats gonna happen.

strange you have just posted this... only just got back from driving my mate to pick up his r33 gtst in the supra (NA). Was a really fun drive back :)! Even though the skyline had the performance over the NA, i'd rather replace the engine to a TT and gearbox to a V160 then sell. So, erm im waffling but yeah... Think as rob_boi has mentioned, easiest way forward (literally) is maybe considering a engine transplant :)!

any ideas on a TT engine cost guys?

The going rate for an all in conversion, including installtion is around £2300 if it's starting with a 5spd. You'll also need to buy an uprated clutch.

NOS is the only option for big (ish) power on the NA, but it's very limited in it's use and at £60 a refill for a couple of minutes use is very expensive.