The mkiv Supra Owners Club

centerforce or southbend problems

supra dan

really need a clutch now its one of these two, but centerforce has a long waiting time but i have heard of issues with the southbend not releasing properly due to the master cylinder. is this a common problem as i just want it to work first time, will have enough to think about without the clutch giving problems

sounds good definatly want to keep the stock flywheel. did it fit ok first time?

Yeah fitted fine mate, i had it done down at Whiffins, when i was down getting parts fitted and MOT'd, and Mapped.

Got it from DUDE(AFR) on here for a good price, he has them in stock so next day delivery. :D

Yeah fitted fine mate, i had it done down at Whiffins, when i was down getting parts fitted and MOT'd, and Mapped.

Got it from DUDE(AFR) on here for a good price, he has them in stock so next day delivery. :D

cheers bud i did message dude but never got a reply he must not like me :D i will do it the old fashioned way and phone :)

14th jan, its marked as read. not a problem tho bud, can you tell me if there is likely to be a problem with it releasing?

We have had some problems with them releasing but normally fitting a NA slave cyl sorts that out, Southbend say every clutch is tested before its sent out.

I did have problems with the bite point on the SB. Mark at Pheonix spent hours trying to sort it out, but the bite point was always very low on the pedal. However I've not hear of others reporting the same problem.

Great clutch otherwise, lasted 5 years and 36k miles, 1 year of which was with a single turbo. Pedal was only very slightly heavier than stock, engagement was no different. Behaved perfectly in traffic or on the track.