The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PROEFI Vs Solaris?

SupraHuman

Solaris has changed to Syvecs now, never heard of the PROEFI, is there much of a saving cost wise? if not id stick with Syvecs.

Syvecs has some great features, i love that it wont give me any boost till the oil is up to temp and the fact it wont start till oil pressure is up, the gear dependant boost control is great, Knock detection (sensor fitted to the block) launch control, traction control, the list goes on.

Solaris has changed to Syvecs now, never heard of the PROEFI, is there much of a saving cost wise? if not id stick with Syvecs.

Syvecs has some great features, i love that it wont give me any boost till the oil is up to temp and the fact it wont start till oil pressure is up, the gear dependant boost control is great, Knock detection (sensor fitted to the block) launch control, traction control, the list goes on.

Oh new name eh?did not know.The PROEFI was developed by Saad Saad and some other bloke(the one in the vid)

How is the Syvecs for auto box control(TH400 with manual valve body?)

Wasn't ProEFI that all singing all dancing 'learning' engine management from the US? I remember reading the thread on supraforums and it was supposed to learn from different mods done so that tuning wasn't really required after the initial tune/setup.

Last I read about it was that they where planning on flying a few tuners over to Europe to tune peoples cars on this new system, very expensive I'd say. Haven't heard of the system over here or anywhere except the US.

Wasn't ProEFI that all singing all dancing 'learning' engine management from the US? I remember reading the thread on supraforums and it was supposed to learn from different mods done so that tuning wasn't really required after the initial tune/setup.

Im sure most stand alone ecu's can do that.

Im sure most stand alone ecu's can do that.

Thats what I thought but when the thread popped up on supraforums (ages ago) it was the best thing since sliced bread because it adpated like a stock ECU. There where guys chopping in AEM's left right and centre to get this new system. My only thought was that if it was that good and revolutionary why hadn't it made it across the pond.

Thats what I thought but when the thread popped up on supraforums (ages ago) it was the best thing since sliced bread because it adpated like a stock ECU. There where guys chopping in AEM's left right and centre to get this new system. My only thought was that if it was that good and revolutionary why hadn't it made it across the pond.

On paper the PROEFI sounds good,thats why I was looking at it.I also know there were some harsh words beeing exchanged on SF regarding said ECU and I don't know what to make of it TBH.I saw one for sale on SF for $2000 in which Mr. Woon offered $5 to put it in a blender and smash it.

Edited by SupraHuman (see edit history)

On paper the PROEFI sounds good,thats why I was looking at it.I also know there were some harsh words beeing exchanged on SF regarding said ECU and I don't know what to make of it TBH.I saw one for sale on SF for $2000 in whitch Mr. Woon offered $5 to put it in a blender and smash it.

Well there's your answer:) Allthough you do see quite a few arguments over there between different people who have sponsorship from various companies and so on and so forth.

Well there's your answer:) Allthough you do see quite a few arguments over there between different people who have sponsorship from various companies and so on and so forth.

Excatly,the PROEFI might be as good as any and all of them,just a lot of "hate" between certain big power car owners.But since it has not found it's way over here yet I'll stick to whats tried and tested here.

Ryan Woon = Blenders, Jarret = Shot gun, LOL when these guys don't sell something they really go for the competition. There is such big money at stake over in the USA for any management system, the only truth, is how many cars are still running several years down the line. Not much help when you are thinking of trying the systems over here.

Ryan Woon = Blenders, Jarret = Shot gun, LOL when these guys don't sell something they really go for the competition. There is such big money at stake over in the USA for any management system, the only truth, is how many cars are still running several years down the line. Not much help when you are thinking of trying the systems over here.

Hi Phil,was going to PM you.What ECU did you had planned for your drag Supra back in the day?You were going with a TH400 as well IIRC.

I havent looked at the links as these are old news now.

Pro EFI was founded in 1999 by Jason Siebels, the guy who left AEM, this is why the AEM support forum is now pretty much dead :D

When it first came about as already mentioned it was supposed to be a plug and play self mapping unit, the software was not going to be available for general public and it was way over due on its release date, if you look it up on SF there were people dying to get there hands on the unit but none were available.

I really dont get why they have mounted the connector on the middle of the top plate though, how the hell you supposed to mount it :search:

No idea wez

Sound performance speak highly of it but in reality its probly no better than syvecs but i do like how the TC uses the factory trac light on the dash and switch to turn on and off.

Heres a couple of videos

very nice sounding car aswel :D