The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brembo brakes from another franchised car.

RobD

I know a few people on here have fitted brembo brakes from other franchised cars, I'm just wondering what ones people would suggest to go for!

So far i've seen/heard of a set of range rover brembos and a set of evo 6 brembo's ( think it was a 6!), also where I could get adapters made to help fit them onto the supra hub?

I've just seen a set of brembo caliper and discs etc from a 350z for £750 on ebay ( thats for all 4 corners!). I think they are 4 pot front and 2 pot rear like the uk's!

Well i'm not brembo biased, just giving an example really! I've got j-specs at the moment and was looking at uk specs but wanted to shop around and see what is available for the same sort of money!

I can see the vantage brakes being pretty expensive! :)

I've just seen the thread on supradibbs evo brakes and they seem good, even though the thread i read was full of people having a go at each other! :D

Thats the reason that made me not get the range rover brembo's already, the owner that had them before said i may have clearance issue's with my Jade R's! Although i'll be getting rid of them soon i'll be downgrading to a set of 18's! So could become tricky!

Thats the reason that made me not get the range rover brembo's already, the owner that had them before said i may have clearance issue's with my Jade R's! Although i'll be getting rid of them soon i'll be downgrading to a set of 18's! So could become tricky!

Can't see you having clearance issues with the 19s anyway. I have miles between them and my UK's.

Saw some 6 pot fronts off a Vantage on a BMW 5 series estate once. Admittedly not probably made by AM but surely brembo aren't the end all and be all of after Market brakes you'd consider?

It thought AM brakes were made by Brembo. I'm sure I've seen it on the backs of them in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Brembo have a small generic range of calipers which they then design OEM specific castings so they fit the specific hub. I bought some Aston Martin calipers off a DB7 Vantage/DB9 which worked out to be the same spec (piston size) as the F50 Brembo kit you can buy but with radial mountings and one piece (monoblock) castings.

Unfortunately I never got round to finishing the project.

Trust me guys, unless you can design and safely make caliper adaptor brackets yourself, understand what piston and pad area will do to bias, and are buying these calipers for peanuts it will not save you money over a proper kit. Maybe if the idea works and you have 10 sets of brackets made, and you can source 10 sets of calipers, then, well maybe you could find 10 buyers, maybe.... :) I am fortunate in that over the course of a year I usually acquire or get offered a few sets of race calipers and discs, but every time I make something bespoke and factor in my time I wonder why I bothered :) DB9 calipers on the back of my GTS-t on AP discs with bespoke bells. Took me ages.

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

So is that an offer to make adapter's Mr Wilson? :D

I'm still undecided about getting different calipers of a different franchise car, I get a really good discount for Uk spec brakes from work so I think i'll just get a set from there! They'll be new aswell so makes sense and I know that they'll do the job! :)