The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problem with the Clifford 600!!

osso

Hi all..

nearly 2am! just come home from my night out and noticed that my alarm was barking every second (it sounds like the proximity sensor has gone) and i found a note on my car which said

"THIS IS THE SECOND NIGHT YOUR ALARM HAS KEPT ME AWKE. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT OR BE REPORTED. YOU HAVE NO CONSIDERATION FOR OTHER PEOPLE.

A VERY ANNOYED NEIGHBOUR!"

I didnt realise there was a problem, and i have no idea who left the note on my car! not sure why the car was barking and i've no idea what to do to fix the problem!

if MATT H is around please advise! thanks... i've disabled the outer proximity sensor for now so hopefully it wont go off again, by using the override on the remote

Hello Osso,

Have you added anything to you interior recently i.e. anything metal. This can have an effect on the Proximity. Have you changed where you park your car as again something could be triggering.

I took my DIN space filler out of my car the other day which left a void above the CD\Radio and the proximity was not happy, CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP. I stuck a piece of card over the hole as a tempory thing until i fit some gauges. It really could be the smallest of things. Do you have any trees nearby that have sprouted their leaves recently.

Regards

Chris

No idea, but It was very foggy earlier before i went out last night and i have noticed that the proximity alarm does seem to go off when its raining especially if its a little windy..

why would the damp cause the proximity sensor activate tho?

Originally posted by ChrisR

Hello Osso,

Have you added anything to you interior recently i.e. anything metal. This can have an effect on the Proximity. Have you changed where you park your car as again something could be triggering.

Not that i know off, there's nothing in the ash tray, or the side box..

I took my DIN space filler out of my car the other day which left a void above the CD\Radio and the proximity was not happy, CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP. I stuck a piece of card over the hole as a tempory thing until i fit some gauges. It really could be the smallest of things. Do you have any trees nearby that have sprouted their leaves recently.

Regards

Chris

funny you mention the trees, thats the only thing thats changed in the area where i park.. there are a few trees, quite tall ones actually in the area i park.. but it was a calm mild night last night

Hi James, it does sound like your proximity sensor needs turning down slightly. You can adjust this bu using the master remote key.

If you have a fax machine, or can set up your PC to recieve a fax, I'll send you over the instructions on how to do it.

Failing that, I should be back at work, around 10.00 ish. Give me a call.

Paul R, you might be getting confused with the OmniSensor that has a little pot to adjust..

Matt H thanks for the help earlier i've managed to change the sensitivity of the proximity sensor was very easy to do.. however i've not really been out to test the arm yet i'll check it tomorrow, but i did find a small peice of Wrigley's chewing gum wrapper down the side of the driver's seat, but below the level of the proximity sensor, whether that was the cause? who knows!

For those who wanna adjust the outer proximity warning zone but was afraid or didnt know how then here's what u do

First you must Disarm the alarm

To enter proximity configuration mode Press Level Shift button 3 times + Button 4 (one chirp)

Button 3 (enter warning zone) (one chirp)

Button 4 (decrease sensitivity) Button 2 (increase sensitivity)

Button 1 (exit warning zone) (two chirps)

button 1 (exit proximity configuration) (three chirps)

and finally press button 1 to re arm the car alarm when you've done. :thumbs:

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

Nope, that hasn't either! That's also adjusted by remote control. :p

I've got something next to the gear stick with a pot! the glass sensor thingy.. thought that was the omnisensor :conf:

Glad you found it easy enough to adjust. Was it alright last night? [/b]

Well the thing is i didnt even realise there was a problem in the first place, and i only noticed the arming barking for the first time when i crawled home at 2 in the morning and found the note on the car. :innocent:

I have decreased the sensitivity by 2 levels and its not as sensitive, really im gonna have to pop up and see u and let you have a look for a second opinion.

when i was playing around with the warning zone sensitivity i found something dangling from the passenger side, it looked like a sensor of some sort and it seems to be connected to the clifford stuff..

what the hell is it? could it be another source of my problem? see attached pics

05160934-03.jpg

Just thinking it might be an idea for me to pop up and see you soon, cuz Dude did a temp 12volt mod on my walbro fuel pump, obviously i will need a relay to replace the old one? :conf:

I would also like to have Intelistart fitted as well. but as always, i bet you're pretty busy for a few weeks :p

any idea when i would be able to popup or would it best if i phoned you on tuesday at work? :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that the car doesnt bark when it should when you stand really close to the window earlier so I upped the sensitivity by 1 level earlier this afternoon, and the Proximity sensor was making my car bark every 2 seconds again! :mad:

There's nothing near the sensor which could cause false alarms i've checked everywhere! :(

I have now had to override the warning zone of the Proximity Sensor via the remote by pressing LevelShift button twice, then button 2.