The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Nut thread Help Please...

Geo

Just need some help guys.

Iv got my Weds, iv got my spigot rings, tyres getting ordered soon, so all i need now is a good set of Wheel Nuts.

I want a set thats good fitting, so that im not hitting the chrome wheel putting on the Socket. Pic of wheel below, im looking at either black or silver cheers.

is there steel ones available??

Who else is running Ultralite ones, been speaking to jamie and he's running titanium ones, but i dont fancy spending £100+ of wheel nuts, just wondering if any of you guys have had any problems with your wheel nuts??

cheers

been running ultralite steel wheel nuts for 3 years, no probs, i got the star key type in chemical black, dont get thestainless, they are crap, the alloy nuts must be put on with copper grease or they react/corode to the stud, all alloy nuts need extra care, dont over tighten etc, they will stretch. the ultra light steel nuts in chem black are only 90p each!! from spd autos

been running ultralite steel wheel nuts for 3 years, no probs, i got the star key type in chemical black, dont get thestainless, they are crap, the alloy nuts must be put on with copper grease or they react/corode to the stud, all alloy nuts need extra care, dont over tighten etc, they will stretch. the ultra light steel nuts in chem black are only 90p each!! from spd autos

ultalite nuts 90p each have you got a link for these as they aint cheap to buy from what iv seen.

all the ultralite nuts are alloy as far as im aware..

my personal choice would be muteki open ended nuts, forged steel and super strong but light weight at only 25g... the closed end type are 36g.

to be honest though i doubt they be much use to you as the locking key is quite large

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)