The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Smallest Rims to Fit mkiv

Guest vorqstein

Guest vorqstein

hey guys, I was wondering what is the smallest rims possible to fit on a mkiv supra? I want to do a bit of drifting but try to save money at the same time. Thanks!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone explain why? I would have thought you could go as low as the brakes allow (without the car bottoming out that is).

Thats correct its as small as the brakes will allow but the smaller diameter rim you go the side wall of the tyre would be a higher profile.

I know from when mine had Jspecs, there was loads of room on the rears I would assume its the caliper clearance to the back of the spoke that would be the issue not the diameter of the wheel.

Therefore 15's with an agressive offset may fit - ruin the handling but may fit.

Didn't Jamie P run 15" rears at last year's SupraPod?

And thats what I was basing it on as im sure Jamie and possibly Chingy were running 15's

What have you based that on? smallest stock wheel dia?

Sorry Matt, was making as much effort as the OP's first post :)

Can someone explain why? I would have thought you could go as low as the brakes allow (without the car bottoming out that is).

As Moe mentioned if it is UK Spec then the smallest would be 17" due to the brakes, maybe you could get more expensive Rota's which will wrap around the brakes but the OP is limited on money.

With the JSpec you can get away with 16" due to the smaller brakes, if you went any smaller (15") I doubt you could get staggered fitment to sit correctly on the Supra (Unless his got an NA). So the question to the OP is:

What model of Supra do you have?

Didn't Jamie P run 15" rears at last year's SupraPod?

Therefore 15's with an agressive offset may fit - ruin the handling but may fit.

And thats what I was basing it on as im sure Jamie and possibly Chingy were running 15's

Have such a high tyre profile will be an issue when drifting.

Do we have any actual drifters on the forum?

Guest MoeBlunt
Where did he come from. Just seemed to arrive.:D:d:d

I have my car lowered on 17" Handles really well.

I'm like a breath of fresh air to this club!!:eyebrows:

Guest vorqstein

Wow, that's a lot of replies in a short span of time! Thanks for the help! I'm not really on a tight budget, but it would be nice just to save money!

Wow, that's a lot of replies in a short span of time! Thanks for the help! I'm not really on a tight budget, but it would be nice just to save money!

Bung a post in here.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=122

Tell everyone what your drifting plans are etc. That way people can welcome you to the club and offer advice etc.

Welcome by the way. :)

Have such a high tyre profile will be an issue when drifting.

Do we have any actual drifters on the forum?

Yup ;) Not me btw, I'm just building the car, but Suprash is competing in the BDC this year (provided the car gets finished :))

hey guys, I was wondering what is the smallest rims possible to fit on a mkiv supra? I want to do a bit of drifting but try to save money at the same time. Thanks!

Space savers? hahahahahha :)

I don't understand your logic with going for smaller tyres, it might help you get the slide going BUT you will have ZERO control over it. Set of stock 17s will/do work even on my NA.

Guest vorqstein

I'm planning on drifting for about a month straight so if I were to use 18" to drift, it would really cost a lot compared to if I were able to drift in a set of 16". And wont wider tires help instead of a bigger diameter one?

I'm planning on drifting for about a month straight so if I were to use 18" to drift, it would really cost a lot compared to if I were able to drift in a set of 16". And wont wider tires help instead of a bigger diameter one?

A month straight you say? It will be more than tyres you will require. Go down to your local tyre places and get some part worns or the like, will work out cheaper (on the tyre front anyway)