The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The missing piece.

fatmerecat

Crap question I know but...

Anyone know what this is, I've had all readily removable parts from the passenger side out this last week as part of my Heater core leak problem only to put everything back together last night and find a loose wire, it's long enough to go from the centre console to the blower area but I can't see the socket.

The car runs fine without it and it's not from the ECU for sure.

Wire colours are Red/Silver & Black. It looks like a light or some other low impedance circuit, nothing important.

See what it can reach with it's slack - tells you where it will plug in. See if you can trace the wires back to a loom or a splice - tells you if it's stock or aftermarket (e.g. alarm system). Multimeter it with lights on, off, engine running, etc. to see if it is a light or something. That's what I'd do next :)

-Ian

Originally posted by dangerous brain

And here starteth the hardest lesson. Always label plugs up with the place it came from before you remove them. Bit of masking tape round the wires with an understandable labeling method will save you a hod of time in the long run. Not much use for this problem I know but maybe for next time.

I used to do this :) Eventually you just sort of get the hang of it though, and everything goes back together OK, I haven't labelled things I took apart since my MkIII Supra's BHG job.

Probably explains why my foglight doesn't work any more lol

-Ian

Originally posted by Ian C

I used to do this :) Eventually you just sort of get the hang of it though, and everything goes back together OK, I haven't labelled things I took apart since my MkIII Supra's BHG job.

Probably explains why my foglight doesn't work any more lol

-Ian

Wanna do the re-loom for me when I do my TT conversion???? ROFL:p