The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray in yorkshire?

mobsta_01

Hello all,

i am selling my Supra and will be buying a tt. The only thing is i've grown too attached to the colour of my car (one of the main reasons i bought it), and i can't seem to find any the same colour. I'm not sure what the exact code is, but i've heard it being called "storm blue".

there seem to be lots of silver ones and plenty of red ones. Even though it does suit some cars, i have never been fond of red.

A possible solution to this i think would be a respray. So i would be greatful if you could recommend any you have used in the past and how much they charged.

Also i would prefer them to be in West Yorkshire as that's where i am. Although i don't mind using resprayers a bit further, if they provide a top service.

i haven't got a clue but i could find out or i'll PM you his number if needs be but it all depends how much prep work needsdoing and what type of spray job your wanting . i.e inside boot , inside doors even engine bay .

Well i'd like it to be as good as i could get it within reason, and depending on the car i buy. Would have to take the kit off and spray that properly. Would be inside the boot as well, as i don't want the it looking another colour from the outside when you open it.

The engine bay would need doing as well i think, to make it look right. Would that involve taking the engine out and stuff? Never had it done before, so i'm a complete novice. :(

yes mate it would be an engine out job if you wanted it doing properly which means the old pounds are going up and up .

maybe you should rethink keeping yours and going the NA-TT route

Maybe... but i would like to know how much extra i'd be paying on top of the price of my car. Then make a proper decision.

Going to have to see whichever's the cheaper option.

Did you use this guy for your car too? It looks great by the way.

yes he does all my work now , as i had a bad experience with another body shop . when i went to see him he even pointed bits out to me that wasn't right from the other place ( which made me feel even worse ) but he said don't worry i'll sort it , which he did , and now i wouldn't think of going anywhere else .

Yeah i hd quite a bad experience with one of my local garages too. That's partly why i'm looking at other optons available to me.