The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good or Bad Supra

Dim Sum

I have a question, i've mention this on my other thread Newbie but i dont know if people would check it out so i thought i post it in here after introduction myself.

I have recently looked at a 1995 Supra. The asking price is £5,500.00 I like the look but there a parts of the car that makes me wonder.

Its look great.

on closer look i found this on the side skirt by the door, plus there's a mild gap. Is that normal? because he said that all supra has a mild gap between the skirt and bodyworks.

Second the wheels. The wheel are nice but where the rim is suppose to be chrome its gone sliver alloy paint, i think he tried to do some D.I.Y plus the wheel is flaking slightly

Opinions would be great how much would you pay for it?

Wheel looks normal to me, used but nothing untoward. Although the tyre looks small for the size of the rim and as mentioned the front down't look like it's in the arch as you'd want. Do they have the stock wheels?

Bodykit is a copy of the OEM skirts and spats (front lip looks like a GReddy job). It's not the greatest fit but to be expected for a copy...they are never perfect. I'd get a bodyshop to freshen it up.

As for the price, look at others in the market and decide what you honestly think it's worth. And how much you'd happily pay for it.

Looks like a car that someone has;

1. incorrectly fitted the body kit and tried to hide the gaps with decorators caulk/sealant/filler.

2. quick DIY spray job on the alloys to tart them up for sale

Based on the pictures alone, I would not even go to view that car!

:D Thats what i was thinking. Then that way i have a grand or two to fix any problems.

thanks

Like someone else said, don't rush into it though mate! Supras can make you wait a while!

And make sure you come back and tell us of any problems you find on any Supra you view if you aren't experienced in the field of Supras!

You can find mint N/A's still for not much more - don't buy a lower priced dog, thinking that you can just use a bit of money to sort it - Supras invariably work out more expensive then you think to sort, bodywork etc, especially for what you can't actually see (engine, suspension.)