The mkiv Supra Owners Club

carl bibbys chargespeed supra

pauld36

its got a big single just wondered if anyone knew if any internal mods had been done,i bought it from the salvage yard about 3-4 months ago an im gonna restore it to it former glory,ive pretty much changed the front quarter,matched the front wheel,had a new everything else,its in the bodyshop on 22nd of feb for approx 4-6 weeks,so although its running quite well an i can see the engine external mods id really like to know about internals if poss,ta

Did you buy it Paul ??

Would be interesting to see it back on the road, a monster repair bill though I would have thought

too late !!

Was a head turner for sure, never forget the rear wing !!

yes i love a challenge lol,and repair bill of approx 10k[oops hope missus dont read this lol]

10k plus what you paid 10-12k? bloody hell, good luck i guess, with the missus not finding out that is lol

lol the damage was a bit more than i expected but the cars worth it it looks pretty awesome in its broken state so i cant wait for it to be finished,i appreciate the kits def marmite but hey i love it

i love the kit too, you not thought about changing the colour mate as in away its always going to be carl bibbys supra, i got a mag somewhere with the spec ill try dig it out for you, you got any other plans for it or you just getting it up and running for the road. get some pics up buddy.

i know what you mean about the colour but interiors matching as is engine bay,i am having it a few shades darker but its still gonna be candy apple over silver...if i keep it a while il look to change colour and interior cos i love candy blue from house of kolor,,,,but again thats gonna cost about 6-7 k by the time you do body and interior and il def be shot by missus then lol.

have a word with GBH motor sports got a feeling the uprated engine was removed an swapped for a standard one by them. I see this car at the salvage yard too the damage to the front wernt that bad, good luck with the project mate

I remember his original add when he tried to sell it saying something about putting a stock engine in. At the time the bonnet had come up and smashed the windscreen too I seem to remember.

It would certainly be worth talking to Matt at AFR about the car. If it's the same one it was in there for a long time for some work. Not sure what the delay was but recall it was something to do with funds at the time.

It wasn't in too good a state then, but obviously that didn't improve once the car was back!

have a word with GBH motor sports got a feeling the uprated engine was removed an swapped for a standard one by them. I see this car at the salvage yard too the damage to the front wernt that bad, good luck with the project mate

Def speak with GBH Motorsport mate. They know the car well and can tell you exactly what was done with it prior to it being shipped off to its new owner. I'm pretty sure John's right and they swapped the built engine for a stock one and just put the single turbo on that. I think the clutch was an OS giken triple plate but not sure for definite.

It would certainly be worth talking to Matt at AFR about the car. If it's the same one it was in there for a long time for some work. Not sure what the delay was but recall it was something to do with funds at the time.

It wasn't in too good a state then, but obviously that didn't improve once the car was back!

It may pay you to PM myself or Matt dude before you go ploughing money into it!!!!:(