The mkiv Supra Owners Club

More Info on N/A -TT

Carbon_Bullet

HI and thanks for looking,

just require some info an advice on extra power from a TT engine, over the next for months i want to start buying engine mods to put on the TT engine ( hopefully cheap of the forums) :)

At the moment i have a 5 speed manual N/A, in may i will be getting a fellow member to put the TT engine using my 5 speed , i have read about the BPU (basic power upgrade)

am new to the engine mod seen usually just messed about with bodykits etc!

i still have a budget of £1500 left for some more power upgrades,

what else should i get ?

can i afford a single turbo conversion? is it worth it?

cams and pullys worth it?

thx

i still have a budget of £1500 left for some more power upgrades,

what else should i get ?

can i afford a single turbo conversion? is it worth it?

cams and pullys worth it?

thx

Go BPU.

You won't get anywhere near a single turbo for £1500, you'd probably need to add another '0' to get a decent, reliable setup with a bit of power.

I'd be looking into some decent management for £1500 (if you mean you have that on top of your BPU budget)

yes mate already accounted for the bpu, an still looking for more power with another £1500 is there anything else worth doing or would it not make that much difference power wise,

thx

It depends what you plan for the future. If you think you'll go single, I reckon a standalone ECU plus mapping would be a good move. Cams won't get you much extra power at BPU (maybe 20bhp). Have you looked into your intercooler options? Is your SMIC in good nick? If not, you would be sensible to replace it with another one (either stock, side-mounted thicker, or front mounted)

It's easy to get through £1500 :)

- Professional Geo (£200 ish)

- Decent set of pads and discs for jspec setup (£450)

- FULL service (£400)

- Set of quality gauges (EGT, boost and AFR) (£500+)

Thats £1500 gone easy :)

Other options:

- Solaris ECU (inc trac control) (£1500 + install)

- Set of 650 injectors and cheaper ECU (£1500+)

- Cams and pulleys (£1400) but a waste of money as you can't really make more power without the ECU and injectors

- Chris Wilson suspension setup and geo (£1500+)

It's easy to get through £1500 :)

- Professional Geo (£200 ish)

- Decent set of pads and discs for jspec setup (£450)

- FULL service (£400)

- Set of quality gauges (EGT, boost and AFR) (£500+)

Thats £1500 gone easy :)

Other options:

- Solaris ECU (inc trac control) (£1500 + install)

- Set of 650 injectors and cheaper ECU (£1500+)

- Cams and pulleys (£1400) but a waste of money as you can't really make more power without the ECU and injectors

- Chris Wilson suspension setup and geo (£1500+)

guy with some well known knowledge , surpose i should go for all the gauges, running red stuff pads an new 20 groove discs all round, do you know what bhp the bpu gives?

thx

guy with some well known knowledge , surpose i should go for all the gauges, running red stuff pads an new 20 groove discs all round, do you know what bhp the bpu gives?

thx

No, not red stuff or grooved discs! I said Decent ones :D Stock Toyota discs and set of something like Chris Wilson fast road pads. It's some of the best money you'll ever spend on the car.

bhp can be anything from 380 to 430 bhp depending on so many variables I can't begin to go into it here. At 1.2 bar and a ful decat and a decent flowing cat back figure for 400bhp at a realistic dyno.

HI and thanks for looking,

...At the moment i have a 5 speed manual N/A, in may i will be getting a fellow member to put the TT engine using my 5 speed , i have read about the BPU (basic power upgrade)

what else should i get ?

thx

To be honest if you're going from NA to TT with BPU and still looking for more on top of that, I'd start to have some concerns about the 5 speed box....:blink:

I was just about to say - BPU, oil temp and pressure gauges and then brakes, service, geo with the remainder.

You don't wanna go more than 450 tops really on the W58 (5 speed box) as it'll give in easily! Mine is sitting at around 340/360 (it just needs 1st decat for BPU) and - after I do that - I'm not putting ANY more power into it until I get the 6 speed box.

:)