The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear bumper indicators

RobD

Did it on mine - lots of threads about it on here though mate.

I fitted it with my bumper still on - one of the first things I did on my Supra, and they're definitely bigger, and a drill was needed. I remember the driver's side being a complete ball-ache, but it was all done within a couple of hours. I seem to remember fitting my stereo/speakers and cutting my doorcard for tweeters using very basic tools, all in the same afternoon so it wasn't that difficult. :)

I'll order some up then, i get my new headlights saturday so I want to swap the indicators over to!

:thumbs:

It's a massive improvement.

Get some LED bulbs for the facelift indicator sidelight - looks so much better (there's a night time picture in my garage.)

And you can get silver capped T20 (think it's T20) indicator bulbs as well. Better that looking at a bright orange blob through the indicator.

I bought a set the other week: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290370803801&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Perfect fit and came with the 4x orange bulbs. The set I had on my old supra are an ebay copy item as well and haven't yellowed even after 5 years.

Don't forget that you need to get the Toyota looms and bulb holders when fitting facelift indicators. I think they were about £30 (though I have a habit of getting ripped off by Toyota!)

Your car is gorgeous! :D

They look superb with them bulbs in mate!

Have you got HID's also?

Thanks mate :)

I think the whole clear indicator/silver indicator bulb thing works on my car as it's silver - I'm guessing yours is red, so maybe worth keeping orange bulbs in the clear indicators after all? Not sure what it'd look like!

Yep, I've got 4300K hids - Might change the bulbs for a 6000K temperature though, as it's a bit too 'white' compared to the sidelights.

I got them from the web, a place in America that someone here recommended. I can't for the life of me remember where though, I can look if you like!

And like Homer said, you'll need Facelift looms and bulb holders. Easy job though, any probs post up! :)

Edit: I got my HID kit from visionbulbs.com - pretty cheap, but you can get cheaper. I've heard of people getting them from ebay without any problems whatsoever. Really easy to fit.

Edited by deathmonkey (see edit history)

Thanks mate :)

I think the whole clear indicator/silver indicator bulb thing works on my car as it's silver - I'm guessing yours is red, so maybe worth keeping orange bulbs in the clear indicators after all? Not sure what it'd look like!

Yep, I've got 4300K hids - Might change the bulbs for a 6000K temperature though, as it's a bit too 'white' compared to the sidelights.

I got them from the web, a place in America that someone here recommended. I can't for the life of me remember where though, I can look if you like!

And like Homer said, you'll need Facelift looms and bulb holders. Easy job though, any probs post up! :)

Thanks bud, even if my headlamps are prefacelift would i still need the facelift looms?

Thanks bud, even if my headlamps are prefacelift would i still need the facelift looms?

Yep. It's because the Facelift indicators have different bulb holders. I have UK spec headlights on my J-Spec.

I *think* that the indicators are a straight connector swap, but the sidelights need to have a feed from the sidelights in the headlight - as I have done. Just spliced the sidelight wire and connected them up, easy.

I bought a set the other week: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290370803801&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Perfect fit and came with the 4x orange bulbs. The set I had on my old supra are an ebay copy item as well and haven't yellowed even after 5 years.

Don't forget that you need to get the Toyota looms and bulb holders when fitting facelift indicators. I think they were about £30 (though I have a habit of getting ripped off by Toyota!)

Ordered a set of those yesterday, hopefully here for saturday when i pick my new lights up! Thanks for the link bud! ;)